Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the VEI V1-VBM-MR from the group buy that we had recently, and i go the following supplies:

1) 6 feet of vacuum tube (7/64").
2) "T" Junction for vacuum tubing
3) Green 16 gauge (30 feet that was the smallest they had for $4.32).
4) Red 16 gauge " ".
5) Black 16 gauge " ".

Would 6 feet of Vacuum tube be enough to go from the pod, to near the BOV?

I need a pod; I’ve searched on here and didn't find any useful results as far as where i could get any.
-I need the type of pod where it goes in the center, directly behind the steering wheel, and it would need to clip on, or something of that nature. I do not want to poke holes in my interior. (52mm)

(I have gathered some instructions, which should help me out)

Thanks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got the VEI V1-VBM-MR from the group buy that we had recently, and i go the following supplies:

1) 6 feet of vacuum tube (7/64").
2) "T" Junction for vacuum tubing
3) Green 16 gauge (30 feet that was the smallest they had for $4.32).
4) Red 16 gauge " ".
5) Black 16 gauge " ".

Would 6 feet of Vacuum tube be enough to go from the pod, to near the BOV?

I need a pod; I’ve searched on here and didn't find any useful results as far as where i could get any.
-I need the type of pod where it goes in the center, directly behind the steering wheel, and it would need to clip on, or something of that nature. I do not want to poke holes in my interior. (52mm)

(I have gathered some instructions, which should help me out)
Thanks.
[/b]
I just bought the same stuff a few hours ago for mine (except I got 18 gauge wire). I think I'm going to mount it in the either the center or left center vent. And I'm pretty sure that the tubing is long enough.

EDIT:
There are no complete instructions that I could find for the install. I found a few threads that I pieced together to kindof make one. I'm going to try to do the install this weekend, and if I do, I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to mount it in the center(behind) of the steering wheel.. i need to know where to get it from.... need ideas!!! Its totally killing me looking at it, outside the car! lol

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I just installed my VEI boost gauge couple days ago. I bought 12 feet of vacuum hose and i pretty sure i had less then 6 feet left after i cut it and put it to the guage. I mounted my gauge on the A pillar. i know srs is there.lol but whatever i like it there until more options come out. And someone did post a pic of it mounted behind the steering wheel they used double stick tape i think. Have to look for the thread not sure where it is. But yea it was not that hard to install for me and im the biggest noob to this stuff if you have any questions just shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
700 Posts
where did u get your universal pillar pod?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like those, but i'm just too terrified for the airbag, i would rather be without a boost gauge, than without my life! lol, you never know when an accident might happen! thats my 2 cents worth on that topic!

any help is appreciated for ideas on where to get the pod from

·
Registered
700 Posts
im wondering if you get one of those ones that just is at the bottom weather it will really hurt it or not

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basicly, if someone knows exactly which direction does the cover pushes out, then we will know where to put the gauge safely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got mine today. curious where to get the single mount A-pillar pod. The one that you can heat with a hair dryer and mold around it. Not really sweatin the airbag, Ive read that the airbag is really more towards the top of the pillar so if you were in an accident the gauge wouldnt hit YOU.

Chris

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Got mine today. curious where to get the single mount A-pillar pod. The one that you can heat with a hair dryer and mold around it. Not really sweatin the airbag, Ive read that the airbag is really more towards the top of the pillar so if you were in an accident the gauge wouldnt hit YOU.

Chris
[/b]
If you get impaled with a boost gauge, we're going to inscript your headstone with that statement, deal? :hoho:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
does anyone know of any EZ pod retailers closer to the east coast than texas?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you don't really need to buy 3 colors of primary wire. buy just one & label the wires on the far side. i'm going to try and get mine in this weekend.

·
Registered
170 Posts
you don't really need to buy 3 colors of primary wire. buy just one & label the wires on the far side. i'm going to try and get mine in this weekend.
[/b]
I realized that when I bought it, but I wanted the color to match. It didn't cost that much, and I can use the wire for other things later.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like the location in the center air vent, but not sure how to mount it there. If anyone has done this before please let us know.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I got my universal pod holder from pep boys. and i melted it to fit my pillar. Pretty easy with some help. Yea and i also used 1 color wire for it all. a lot of cars dont have the srs on the pillar that is why they made the holder for the pillar and i dont remember much of people surviving more in a honda without it compared to the newer hondas with it. I mean it flying off could be a problem but it wont go far with the vacuum hose zip tied on and 3 wires wired tightly together with electrical tape and i ran it through the dash board so the most it it reach is 6 inches it is launches off it it. otherwise if the accident was that bad that it made it break all 3 wires and the vacuum hose i dont think i will even be alive to say or think "hey that was a bad idea to put that boost gauge on that A pillar."

·
Registered
170 Posts
does anyone know of any EZ pod retailers closer to the east coast than texas?
[/b]
I vaguely remember seeing a pic of this product, but I just did a quick search and didn't find one. Is there a picture available of it? The one link that I found doesn't have an image. http://autotechinteriors.com/products_ezpod.php

Odd that this company is in NJ but don't distribute out of anywhere near there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Anyone know what wire to patch into for the headlights?

Also, I ordered my epod over internet they shipped it out right away.

Thanks - Kyran

·
Registered
23 Posts

Thanks - Kyran

[/b]
how is your view of the tach and speedo with the center mount pod?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
[/b]
you can grab it at the radio harness, should be pin "1E"

I ordered my epod over internet they shipped it out right away.
[/b]
could you list the url?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks - Kyran

[/b]

where did you get it from? that is the EXACT one i need!!!! i contacted the company in texas, but they don't have it....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts