Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Hi everyone, just signed up to share my experience, for the last 12 months or so been getting the SCBS MALFUNCTION warning coming on when decelerating only periodically but getting progressively worse and occasionally throwing the engine management light on, the Fault would clear after re starting the engine and the engine management light would more often than not go out. When plugged into the OBD reader it give a P101( think that was it) Mass air flow fault, I finally plucked up the courage and cash to take it to the dealer. Sure enough they diagnosed new MAF sensor and a de coke of the inlet manifold 馃槙馃槙馃槙 at just over a grand 馃槶馃槶!!
2days later it was ready.....What a difference, no turbo lag very responsive 6-8 better mpg and no warning lights!!!
Money well spent...... Or was it?..... 400 miles later.... Vehicle System Malfunction warning, engine running fine and no other warning lights, reading through many forums suggesting internal oil filters or vacume pumps, could be anything 馃槙馃槙, one suggested a loose battery terminal surely not?
I have just checked the terminals and sure enough the positive one was like a dick in a shirt sleeve, tightened the blighter up and hey presto warning light gone!
Moral of this story is check the most simple things first as I'm sure if I had taken it to the dealers they would have found something much more expensive to blame for the warning!!!
( Should probably have said at the start I have a 2015 2.2 diesel 150 bhp)

Registered
Update on my VSM warning, it had nothing to do with the loose battery terminals removing them and re tightening only cleared the code 馃槖, took it to the dealer whilst on holiday and they read they read the code F.O.C ( thank you Mazda Keighley) and diagnosed a faulty vacume pump which was fitted a week later by my local dealer and I've never seen the VSM message again (3 weeks on). The pump fitted was 拢280 ISH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts