Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, I have seen many questions come up about whether Altima wheels or Honda wheels will fit the 6. Fitting original equipment wheels from another vehicle manufacturer poses problems not usually associated with aftermarket wheels. Original equipment wheels are bored out to exactly the size of the hub diameter of the intended application. For example, the Mazda6 has a hub diameter of 67.1mm and the center bore of any Mazda6 original equipment wheel is 67.1mm. Some Toyotas have a center bore of 60.1mm. So, while the bolt pattern may be the same, and the offset is good for the 6, the wheel won't fit over the hub because the opening is too small. The question is, where do you go to find that information on other vehicle's center bores and bolt patterns?

I have finally come across a website that provides that information. It is by no means complete, but it contains a lot of vehicles. Please reference this link if you are considering buying original equipment wheels from another vehicle manufacturer. Enjoy.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Ve...n_Reference.cfm

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does the center bore only affect the original wheels? Do I have to check the center bore on the after market rims when I look for a second hand one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
you should be able to bore out the center bore shouldn't you? If you can acheive 67.5 with a mazda wheel, you would think that you shoudl be able to obtain it with a toyota or lexus wheel. (Or atleast you would think so.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
would a 42mm offset fit the 6?

·
Registered
106 Posts
it is 16x6'' my bad lol. and if it is smaller in the bore, and I have to bore them out, will that affect the structure of the rim in any way? I have seen people in the forum rocking some mazdaspeed protege rims and stock protege rims before so I know that they would fit. Just wanting to make sure I can install them in my car without running into huge problems.

·
Registered
305 Posts
it is 16x6'' my bad lol. and if it is smaller in the bore, and I have to bore them out, will that affect the structure of the rim in any way? I have seen people in the forum rocking some mazdaspeed protege rims and stock protege rims before so I know that they would fit. Just wanting to make sure I can install them in my car without running into huge problems.
I would look into other wheels. Idk how boring them out will effect the structure but I don't think it will be good. Also a 16x6" wheel is pretty small and would look a little funny on the 6. 18" look the best and 17" look alright. Anything bigger or smaller look out of place. When looking for width look for larger, preferably a around 8" wide.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would look into other wheels. Idk how boring them out will effect the structure but I don't think it will be good. Also a 16x6" wheel is pretty small and would look a little funny on the 6. 18" look the best and 17" look alright. Anything bigger or smaller look out of place. When looking for width look for larger, preferably a around 8" wide.
I actually have stock 16'' steelies on my car, and in terms of size, it does not look too bad. granted the steelies are horrible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
16 Participants
CanyonRider
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing