Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my package from superbrightleds.com. The map lights and angel eyes were a piece of cake to swap. Replacing the vanity lights are a nightmare!!! After finally figuring out how to remove that clear lense piece without snapping it, the #74 bulb package notes their polarized so i assumed this might take a couple tries. Well I disconnected the positive terminal of the battery and swaped out the bulb, reconnected the terminal and bang! Blown "room fuse", guages went ape $hit and the console/ac shut down and i had to reprogram the windows. I replaced the fuse, disconnected both terminals from the battery, threw the lights in and BANG! happened again. What am i doing wrong here? I have no spare fuses left so i put the bulbs down hoping someone can walk me through this. I MUST GET THESE IN! please help.....thanks

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I have no idea why your fuse kept blowing. I mean, if you installed the bulb wrong, the worse it can happen is the bulb doesn't light up. It's not supposed to blow a fuse especially from a tiny dinky #74 bulb.

Wait a minute, I just re-read your post. You said that you disconnected the positive terminal on the battery? It's not necessary at all for replacing interior lights. Even if you want to do so, you need to disconnect the negative terminal, not positive.

Maybe that's the reason why your fuse kept blowing. When you're reinstalling the + terminal, you created a spark that blew the fuse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts