Mazda 6 Forums banner

vacuuming under seats

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ZoomZoom Diva 
#1 ·
hopefully i'm not the only one that can't vacuum under the seats, especially between the door and the under the power seat controls.

anyone master this?

#5 ·
Along with moving the seats front to back to get to the hard to reach areas.
[/b]
God I hate to do that though! With the 8-way power mneumatic seat there are just so many combinations that by the time I get my seat in that exact perfect spot, I can't stand to move it. I have to spend another 15 minutes trying to get the thing back into place again. I don't use valet parking any more because I almost breathed fire onto a parking attendant who moved my seat (honestly, you're driving it 15 feet, leave the @#%& controls alone!!).

But, I've always been of the opinion that if I can't reach it with the small vacuum attachment, then I can't see it very easily either, so I don't mind if its dusty. ;)

#6 ·
God I hate to do that though! With the 8-way power mneumatic seat there are just so many combinations that by the time I get my seat in that exact perfect spot, I can't stand to move it. I have to spend another 15 minutes trying to get the thing back into place again. I don't use valet parking any more because I almost breathed fire onto a parking attendant who moved my seat (honestly, you're driving it 15 feet, leave the @#%& controls alone!!).

[/b]
rofl that just made my day :p

#7 ·
LOL, parking guy at a restaraunt I went to recently couldnt reach the pedals in my car... I told him dont move the seat, Ill just park it myself and walk back. I dont ever move my seats, I get them set the way I like and how it feels good for shifting MTX. If they get moved I have to go through that process again.

#8 ·
Umm I guess I'm just too anal about cleaning and defenitely move the seats to get at every inch with the crevasse tool. But I also put a mark with dab of white paint on the inside edge of the track to line my seat back to teh right spot. Manual controls no power seats..

Oh and I never valet unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, not that I'm cheap just rather do it myself..

#9 ·
[/b]

can someone tell that to the Madza mechanic that changed my oil. it wasn't even 15 feet, it was more like 7 feet! effin ogre!

#12 ·
can someone tell that to the Madza mechanic that changed my oil. it wasn't even 15 feet, it was more like 7 feet! effin ogre!
[/b]
Yes! If I go to Mazda I have to make a note on the work order "don't move my seat!" Just an FYI, I know some people are averse to Jiffy Lube... but they never move my seat, and they always vacuum.

im glad i have long legs and move my seat all the way back. so no matter what i know where it goes.
[/b]
ATX?

#13 ·
My note is for them to not wash the car, as I have the seat all the way back too.

However, I am also one with moving the seat forward and back and using a crevice tool. My Kirby has a little brush that attaches to the tip of the crevice tool to agitate the carpet fibers for better cleaning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.