Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could use some much needed help. I replaced upper plenum gaskets with no problem. I put everything back together, but I can't seem to locate where one of the vacuum hoses from the canister purge valve goes to. I did take a few pics of the engine compartment before doing the job, but I still don't see where that hose goes. It seems to go down somewhere. LOL

The pic I've attached is the valve (shiny silver) and you can see 2 hoses coming off the bottom of it. The top hose goes back to the firewall and I assume to the charcoal canister.

The problem is that I don't see where to reconnect the bottom hose. It has some unique bends in it, but that's not even pointing me to the right place. I've read online that the valve goes between the canister and the intake manifold, but i don't see any open ports on the intake manifold.

Could someone please point me in the right direction? Maybe someone with the same car can take a look at where that hose goes.

Thank you!!

IMG_1189.JPG

·
Registered
655 Posts
If no one chimes in before about 5:30 pm eastern, I'll snap a pic or 2. I don't remember exactly where they go and my wife has the car. When she gets home I'll take a look.

Edit: it's the green port you are asking about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi DJ...that would be awesome!! Yes, the vacuum hose that comes off that bottom port where the green dot is. I'm trying to figure out where the other end of that hose goes.

I didn't mention this in the original post, but I left that hose hanging without connection at the other end and I started the car anyway. It sounded great until the car warmed up a bit and then the idle became VERY rough. I turned it off before it had a chance to stall. I'd be curious to know why that behavior happened also.

That rough idle told me that I really need to figure out where that goes. (I subsequently read online that rough idle is a symptom of bad purge valve, so I guess they are related somehow)

Thanks again DJ !!

·
Registered
655 Posts
That hose on mine runs underneath the Throttle body and to a port on the side of the intake manifold right behind the TB. It's kind of towards the lower part. You should be able to get your hand under there between the TB and egr.

20191113_171142.jpg

20191113_172821.jpg

20191113_172905.jpg

I hope that helps!! Good luck.

Reactions: jman1200

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ray!! I'm on the train heading home from work. I'll check it out when I get home and let you know. Thank you very much for taking the time to send some pics also. I appreciate it. Hopefully that port exists on my car. I certainly see how I could have missed it. Thanks again!

·
Registered
655 Posts
No issues. My battery is relocated so I'm able to see that side of the engine real easy so. Plus that's why we are here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  1. Eureka! That’s it!! Wow, that is really hidden on my car. I realized your layout was different than mine because you were able to take a pic better than I would have been able to. I would have been searching a lot longer looking for that. Thanks a ton Ray! I really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven’t had a chance to hook it back up to make sure the engine runs fine now, but I’ll probably get to it later tonight. If the car is still not running well then I may be back on here. Otherwise no news will be good news.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts