Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IC cover has worn a tiny hole into the vacuum hose coming from the BoV - would it be safe to drive it to the autoparts store (~3 miles)

I know it's not *good* to drive a car with hoses that have holes in them, but am wondering if I can at least safely make it to the store to get a replacement.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My IC cover has worn a tiny hole into the vacuum hose coming from the BoV - would it be safe to drive it to the autoparts store (~3 miles)

I know it's not *good* to drive a car with hoses that have holes in them, but am wondering if I can at least safely make it to the store to get a replacement.
[/b]

You'll be fine to drive it to the store.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had this same problem and I drove over 40 miles to fix it... what I would do is replace the hose and try to twist the BoV to angle that it won't touch the IC anymore... or you will hav eto cut the IC to alleviate the issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had this same problem and I drove over 40 miles to fix it... what I would do is replace the hose and try to twist the BoV to angle that it won't touch the IC anymore... or you will hav eto cut the IC to alleviate the issue.
[/b]
You can also rotate the back of the valve so the hose is lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts