Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Even being a Noob I know that this question and topic comes up all too often, but I need help.I have heard all too many times that this swap (V6 to 2.3l awd disi turbo) is just not worth it and too expensive but lets not bring that up because I just need an answer. I have located a dirt cheap mazdaspeed engine, ECU, tranny and differential where I live ($1200!!!!) and this is my dream engine so i really want to know what i could do with this and what I will need to complete the swap. My biggest worries are the electrical system (ECU CanBus), wiring and BCM,,, What problems will I encounter, how do I fix it and finally a parts list for this to happen... Please save the "Turbo your V6 Bro" and help me out, thanking you all in advance!!!

Jewls

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Did you see Car and Driver's Boss Wagon Mazda5 articles?

That's a lot of freakin' work....and they didn't even get into AWD. They used a Speed3 for a donor car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i understand that it was a lot of work but the fram isnt made to house the speed 6's stuff while the undercarriage of all mazda 6's seem to be able to house everything

·
Registered
148 Posts
no just no. way to much work seriously dude. the awd swap would be absolutely hell id imagine.

boost ur v6 or sell it and buy a real ms6 (they look tons better anyways)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a GFX so it looks pretty good already and I have all options, now i have a ll the speed6 hardware available, i just wanna make sure I really know what i'm getting into

·
Registered
253 Posts
do you have to full wiring?
your best option will be to put the car to bare metal next to the speed6 and replace the parts one by one. Just the engine with the ECU will do you nothing good if you don't have all the surroundings.
Trust me as I done this type of conversion in the past (toyota 4afe to 4age swap)
Bolting the engine in the bay is a piece of cake but then you realise the fuse box forthis one is different, this relay doesn't work the same way, the fuel pump uses a different sender unit. So then you buy the engine bay harness only to notice it will not plug to the cabin harness so you get that one laos to now figure out the backlights aren't working anymore and the fuel pump shuts down at 3000rpm!

really my friend, if you wanna buy this engine find a blow engine MS6 and put that engine in her...you'll save tons of money and end up with a MS6 for summer and a mazda6 for winter!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Or find cheap a Speed6 with a blown motor

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Why do people continue to think this is a worthwhile idea to look into?

If you want a Speed, buy one. If you have a V6.....build a custom turbo kit.....UGh...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts