Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we will begin our development of our shorty headers, Y-Pipe, and Cold Air Intake for the V6 Mazda6 on February 1st. It will take us about 3 weeks to finish the prototypes of all three as well as make sure everything fits, etc. Before and After dyno runs will be completed on the vehicle so everyone knows what to expect as far as power gains are concerned.

After the prototyping is complete, it will take several weeks for production versions of each to become available. Once Prototyping is done we will also take pre-orders for these parts from those of you who just HAVE to be first on the block with some go fast goodies!

We will begin work on the 4 cylinder upgrades as soon as we secure a model for testing.

Thanks,

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Replying to Topic 'V6 Header, Y-Pipe, and CAI start development on Feb 1st'

hell yeah!!!!!!
music to my ears. can't wait! i'll be in line.

·
Registered
468 Posts

nikolas,
u gonna hook a fellow 6'er up...any icentive for a deposit for the first unit for production? 210-225 whp or more from boltons would be niiiice :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

More than likely we will offer a special rate for those people that want to get in line first. We are as excited about these units as everyone else, as the power gain estimates look VERY good. So why not help out some fellow enthusiasts?

Final price will of course be determined once we see how much time, materials, etc go into each part...but we have a very good idea already. We will have a dedicated section of our website for the Mazda6 and all of our projects. Look for picturs, articles, and even videos of dyno sessions and track events!

Nikolas

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hey
this my be dum but what kind of headers are you making I saw you said short but I mean what are thay going to be made for and are you going to coat them so thay dont rust as fast as non coated headers??
sorry for all the ?'s but I think more people would like the coated ones that do not rust as fast and look nicer!
Thanks for all you time and any help! It is nice to see you are doing all of this!
Sean

·
Registered
31 Posts

Ok
i forgot to ask are you going to do cat back for the 6s??
Tahnks I will only post once next time!
sean

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The Y-Pipe and headers are going to be ceramic coated to keep the heat in the pipes as well as prevent rust from occuring. We will make them out of 16 gauge mild steel since they will be coated. To use Stainless Steel and then coat it, defeats the purpose of going with stainless steel in the first place. If we were to make the headers out of stainless steel and coat them, then the price for them would go up substantially as well.

We will more than likely make a cat back exhaust for the Mazda6, and since both the V6 and the I4 have exactly the same exhaust from the catalytic converter back, the design will be the same for both of them. We will see what size diameter piping is the best for each engine, but 2.25" should be the size. We might come out with a 2.5" exhaust for those people who buy the headers, as the larger exhaust will really improve top end power, but more than likely sacrifice some low end torque. Our exhaust will more than likely be made out of alumnized steel, as stainless will be more expensive to produce. For Mufflers, we will try out several combinations until we find the muffler that has the best sound throughout all points in the rev range as well as makes the most power.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

i'm game. how easy will it be for a body shop to install the headers/exhaust on such a new car? is the cover easily removed to unveil the headers? is there gonna be sum kinda package special if the whole kit is purchased, u know?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The headers are installed from under the car, and are quite a pain in the butt to install. If you pay a shop to install them, it should take them about 4-5 hours to do. The first time installing them is always a pain, but after that, the then experienced installer would only take about 3 hours to install the next set.....

We will offer discounts if someone buys a Power Package or whatever we call it....Expect the packages to be broken down into Exhaust, Intake, Suspension, Etc... And we will more than likely have a large package that includes CAI, Header, Exhaust....

Nikolas

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I would love to do a turbo kit for the V6 Mazda6, we are definately doing one for the 4 cylinder. We will have to wait for there to be enough demand for the turbo kits though, as the development costs are very steep.

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

thats some good news, i'll definitly be on that list too, especially with a little incentive thrown in there for the early birds

·
Registered
56 Posts

I'm definitely interested in any performance parsts developed for the V6 6 :)

~Kyle

F

·
0 Posts

same here.. V6 all the way.. and a single ball bearing turbo on the 6 would be quite nice..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reading Topic: V6 Header, Y-Pipe, and CAI start development on Feb 1st

count me in-v6 turbo would be gr8. does the v6 have a better chance at handling turbo, or higher boost than an i-4?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

We are of course going to take this in steps. Start off with the basic bolt ons..then move our way into turbos... Fortunately the guy we work with has been building turbo kits for over 30 years and is is EXTREMELY knowledgable, to say the least. I think he has forgotten more about turbos than i ever knew....heheheh..

Nikolas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: V6 Header, Y-Pipe, and CAI start development on Feb 1st

What bolt no's will be out frist cold air or do you think the headers and cat-back will be out frist?? There is a big car show the frist week of May In Pa and I would like to have some parts by then!
Thanks For you help!!
sean

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Our header and cold air intake will be out within a few weeks of each other...sometime around the middle of March or so...maybe the end of March at the latest.

As far as cat back exhausts go...We wont be offering one because so many other companies will be. We have already spoken with Borla about their kit for the car, but they need a test car for 1-2 weeks. We have not secured a car for that purpose yet. I am sure you wil see exhaust systems hit the market in 1-3 months... As long as the kit is 2.25" Mandrel bent...then it should be fine. For those people who want to make even more power, especially if you get headers, go with a 2.5" mandrel bent system for more top end power. You might lose some low end torque, but your peak power will be higher....

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts