Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, finally got a chance to get to the dyno. I have the new Powermod Tuning Software installed (and all the mods in my sig), but wanted some base numbers before I began tuning. So without making any adjustments, the best run was the second of three giving 195.3 hp and 182.9 ft-lbs of torque. The other two runs were 194.5/182.1 and 192.4/177.2. The lines are almost on top of each other, very consistent. I tried to scan in the graph but didn't turn out too good, so I am waiting for them to email it to me.

Anyway, over the next couple of weeks I will be adjusting the settings with the tuner and see what numbers I can come up with. Just thought I'd share the info with everyone and I will try my best to comment and update on the friendliness of the tuner.

Ryan

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
those are very consistent numbers for 3 runs. pretty much right online with each other to the point where the first and second one could be considered dyno variance.

looking forward to seeing what you pull off. like i said, u need help, im availible, u have my number bro.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. Definitely the best customer support I've ever had haha

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
it still baffles me that people with I/H/E are under 200whp and others with less are in the 220+ range wtf?

anyhow, tuning is fun, just be careful and best of luck

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MrTea, I plan on taking it slow a cautious at first til I get used to the software and the effect of each change. And yea, that just further proves that every car is different and individual tunes are needed... or certain dyno's could just be more generous.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
look forward to your results! may i ask what kind of dyno you were on also?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
look forward to your results! may i ask what kind of dyno you were on also?
It is a Dynocom Racing Dyno... Not sure if that is just the brand or the type

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Over the past week I have just been making sure everything is installed correctly, just hooked up my AEM UGEO wideband to the tuning software tonight. Since the weather is going to be 70 and sunny the rest of the week I will be working with Justin and getting some actual tuning done. Once I actually start tuning I will try and be as descriptive as possible to help anyone who is a little unsure. Being that I am still NA the only functions of the tuner I will be changing is the fuel and the timing.

·
Banned
538 Posts
189 hp @ wheels with stock manifolds & no computer mods 2006 Mazda 6 V6 3.0 litre

On my Mazda 6 2006 V6 3.0 litre I got 189 hp @ the wheels (6 speed automatic). I still have the stock exhaust manifolds and no computer upgrade. I have K&N air intake, Mazdaspeed cat back exhaust, Magnaflow 2 1/2" Catalytic Converter (1/4" larger than stock), re-worked 3 ft of exhaust in front of Cat towards Y pipe using 2 1/2" tubing (stock was terrible), denso iridium spark plugs and ground wire kit. See my pics on the photo gallery.
Big Al DJ. Mine will pass the e-test.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Thats low if your MTX, and average if your ATX (with those mods).

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got 195 with just the cpe intake when i had a v6... It puzzles me as well. i would figure that with an intake header and catback you SHOULD be past the 200 mare at least.... My best qtr mile with my car was a 14.8... This was done on a dynojet dyno.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kind of... I did get some tuning done, and the software was pretty easy to use once you got used to it. However, I took the tuner off because I was fairly confident I was going to trade the car in for a diesel truck. Now I am keeping the car, but I am doing a whole engine build and I am waiting to reinstall the tuner once that is done. Most likely this will all happen over the winter/spring to be ready for next summer. Here is the link to the thread that you can follow the progress on: 6Crew.com Forum

1 - 17 of 17 Posts