Mazda 6 Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I couldn't get at the heat shield bolts without pulling the exhuast. a few twists and turns and curses and it was out.

I guess you pulled the PS pump to leave the lines attached?
Getting close, traveling this weekend, hope to have the engine out in a week or so.

THANKS

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I thought you meant, did I disconnect the hoses from the rack. Not from the rack, but yes from the pump. I left the pump on the engine.
Good luck!
CR

·
Registered
36 Posts
Engine is out, getting ready to swap stuff over from one long block to the other. Hope it goes back in quicker. Probably will as I will forget to reconnect half the stuff!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quick question...hoping to get the new engine dressed in the old guys parts tomorrow. Do I need new studs for the exhaust manifold or do you just reuse the old ones?

Also, broke the thing that connects the heater hose to the intake manifold. Thought I saw one somewhere for $45??? Seems like a lot.

Also broke a connector on one of the coils. Will the Fusion coil work in its place?

Thanks, hope to get the engine back in the bay tomorrow.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Made good progress yesterday, still a few things to do. One of my VVT solenoids was smacked, had to repair.

Need to know where to get a longer crank bolt. Looks like it needs to be a 12-1.50x70? Lowes does not carry. Autozone?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
You should be putting the Fusion damper back on the Fusion crank. It should slide right on - you shouldn't need to force it on with the bolt. Are you using the Mazda damper? Is the keyway lined up? Is the key fully seated?
GL,
CR

·
banana boat.
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Quick question...hoping to get the new engine dressed in the old guys parts tomorrow. Do I need new studs for the exhaust manifold or do you just reuse the old ones?
reuse

Also, broke the thing that connects the heater hose to the intake manifold. Thought I saw one somewhere for $45??? Seems like a lot.
do a coolant by pass and eliminate that stupid thing.

Also broke a connector on one of the coils. Will the Fusion coil work in its place?

Thanks, hope to get the engine back in the bay tomorrow.
fusion connections are different. what to you mean broke? as in the wire cut or the wire cam out of the clip?

if out of clip, cut clip off and get replacement from auto parts store

if wire cut.... solder wire back together and electrical tape it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
CR, I was planning to use the Mazda pulley, so I should use the Fusion? I had to pull the old one off, I figued I needed to use the longer bolt to put the old one back on as it is an interference fit. I will try to see if it slips on...

Flipper, what is connection to intake for? What is impact of removing it. Not my car, so I really don't want to mod it. Already reused the exhaust studs, thanks. The plug is broken off the coil pack, really don't want to spend $30 to replace it is all.

Thanks for the input. Probably no work next weekend due to a wedding, but should get more done in two weeks.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
The coolant isn't connected to the intake it's connected to the throttle body and a 90* pcv elbow will eliminate the smaller line running coolant to the tb. No negative effects if anything lower intake temps since 180* coolant is not circulating around your air.

The purpose is so the throttle plate doesn't freeze open, but that would never happen anyway and has not happened to anybody who has done the tb coolant bypass, even people up in the northeast like me have no issues whatsoever.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Got things back together, about ready to put the engine back in. Just need to bolt the tranny back on.

My 2006 Fusion coils appear to look just like my 2003 Mazda 6. They fit, screw down and plug in. Guess I will give them a try before replacing the two that are damaged. Any thouhgts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day, I am in Moscow, but I can not find any information on whether the motor is suitable Mazda tribute 3.0? that you will need to alter?
mazda tribute from the engine costs about $ 1000 and $ 2500 from 6s from Ford Fusion we do not have those.
At some stations say that you need to change the cover pan and side cover, and the netoroye say that do not fit.
I will be very grateful for any help.
sorry for my language.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought 06 fusion 3.0v6 couple weeks ago and working on it. fusion flywheel is smaller then mazda's. I spent one more day for change it, but its ok, now I have new problem - no spark.. :/ What's the problem? I use mazda wiring harness. I tried put fusion and mazdas camshaft and crankshaft sensors.. plz help

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.