Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I am new to the sight,and have a question for flipper66.what are you referring to in the first post as a mazda header for the new bottom end?i am looking to swap 2002 taurus into 2004 mazda 6.i am aware that the timing and cams are different and that is not a big deal for me.i plan on swapping everything from mazda to taurus engine from a long block up.what else is mandatory to make this engine work?thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
very well,so the heads are different castings?i do not have the used engine yet but my research showed same head casting,so i ASSumed simple cam swap and timing.what is the difference in the heads?also,the engine coming out is locked up,dropped a valve or something in middle cylinder radiator bank.i am wondering is valve failure is due to possible cat being stopped up and super heating cylinder.thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
front of car...i pretty sure its #4 cylinder.i guess the heads are like the 2.3 and the front cam cap is different from one engine to the other and does not allow interchange.thanks again.i have made my decision to just sell it the way it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
update!!2004 taurus engine had correct 4 releif piston,the heads are different only where the water pump is driven and valve cover bolt holes.Both sets were roller follower rather than buckets and all internals are the same valves,springs,guides, locks and seals.it appears the chains and tensioners are the same and of course the rails,cams and gears are different.I have not yet assembled the engine back as i have had a hard time locating the o'rings for timing housing into the vvt and for the head.Mazda could not even look them up.I ordered some for a 07 ford fusion and they were extremely expensive 19.45 per ring(6 needed) and they could not service the housing seal to head(2 needed).i decided to look at jaguar and they serviced both part number large o'ring c2c8281 $.89 each and part number c2c8278 small o'ring $1.45 each for a grand total $8.30.i hope they are right when they come in i have my fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.