Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the rear mud guards today, if you don't have them, the really improve the looks of the wheel wells, my car came with the front ones, but I like how they fill out the wheel well area. In addition, I spoke with my dealer avout the V6 emblems, as I saw a car on the lot with one. It seems Mazda added that to some cars mid production, so they may offer it for free to all of us who have V6 models. The version I saw didn't look like the Ford V6/8 symbol with the 6 inside the V. It actually has the "6" symbol with a smaller V in front.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Reading Topic: V6 emblem and Rear mud guards

I put a set on about 3 weeks ago. Not for looks but to try to keep the "cinders" they put on the roads in PA after it snows from stoneblasting the paint off the rear bumper.

Would have said something but people would want pictures. Mother Nature and Penn DOT have been keeping my Onyx Black a light shade of Gray since I put them on.

Tomorrow they are calling for up to 24" of snow. More salt, more cinders. :( That groundhog just had to prove himself right! (see http://www.groundhog.org/ )

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'V6 emblem and Rear mud guards'

Penn DOT is also notorious for keeping alignment shops in business. ;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13

Penn DOT is also notorious for keeping alignment shops in business. ;)[/b]

Part of the reason I will do nothing to my 6 untill after the spring melts are over. :D

·
Registered
446 Posts

I used to live in Erie, PA and had the honor to experience PennDOTs work. Erie has to have the worst local roads I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

I actually think they've improved, at least, the highways. I lived in State College for 4.5 years (while in college). I had one of those portable CD players with buffered skip protection and a cassette adapter. Here in MD it worked great, but every trip back and forth between here and SC, my player would routinely skip because of how rough the roads were in PA....even on the interstates! :)

·
Registered
683 Posts

To all you guys and gals debadging your 6's Im willing to buy the extra ones : ) So I can make my Mazda 666 LOL

·
Registered
109 Posts

The only car I saw the v6 on waas one that my dealer had just gotten in and it had the chrome package, so I think the v6 emblem is part of that. This particular was so loaded, it stickered for over 27k!! The chrome package looked like crap too.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Fuzzbear: Are the 6 is the V6 badge as large as the "real" badge on the trunk? If so, go to your dealer and talk to him :D

·
Registered
683 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Fuzzbear: Are the 6 is the V6 badge as large as the "real" badge on the trunk? If so, go to your dealer and talk to him :D[/b]
Im pretty sure the 6 is the V6 badge is alot smaller then the 6 in back.

plus i think the V6 badge is one piece Ive never gotten that close of a look at one.

·
Registered
455 Posts

The v6 badge is one piece and much smaller than the 6 on the rear. It is also not a part of the chrome package, at least not here in the States. My Speed Yellow has no chrome, aside from the moustache which will be replaced with a Sports grille in a couple of weeks, but included the V6 badge.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by txaginid

The only car I saw the v6 on waas one that my dealer had just gotten in and it had the chrome package, so I think the v6 emblem is part of that. This particular was so loaded, it stickered for over 27k!! The chrome package looked like crap too.[/b]
Hey, i have the chrome package and it does not most certainly does not look like "crap", it looks more like "wow, thats cool". And also, my car did sticker for over 27k.

·
Registered
656 Posts

My car also has the chrome package. I didn't want it at first but it was on the car so I had to get it. I will say that it has grown on me, and now I like it.

·
Registered
73 Posts

An earlier post was correct... The v6 emblems were not ready for the first few batches that were released. If you have a v6 without the badge and want one, go to your dealer. They are supposed to put a set on for free for you according to the two dealers I spoke with while looking around.

·
Registered
498 Posts

If you got the sport package the rear mud guards were not included. Because if the side effects can we still install those rear mud guards?

·
Registered
831 Posts

Originally posted by MAKnight71

An earlier post was correct... The v6 emblems were not ready for the first few batches that were released. If you have a v6 without the badge and want one, go to your dealer. They are supposed to put a set on for free for you according to the two dealers I spoke with while looking around.[/b]
neat. i'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
4 Posts

What about front mud guards and sport package?
I can't find anything about them.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Probably you guys didn't know about this. The US versioned Mazda6 is the 2003 version. The ones in Canada are mostly 2004. All of the 2004 Mazda6s have the V6 emblem. I was in Toronto, and all of the V6s I saw had the emblems. I think it looks cool. Wonder if they'll give it out to us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts