Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 6s with sport, comfort, bose package.(Silver, SWEET) My question to every owner here is this. My 6 has a chrome v6 badge on the lower front of the door. Problem is, I have yet to see any 6s anywhere else with one on it. Anyone know why ? is it a option that I'm unaware of ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: V6 Badge ?

I've seen a bunch like this, but never in person. It's probably a dealer add-on.

It's kinda cool... the "6" in "v6" is the same italics as the "6" in "Mazda6".

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'V6 Badge ?'

Thanx guys, Picking up the ride on tuesday. Will post some picks by the end of the week. Will try to find more info on the badge when I pick the car up. But it does look kool ! :D

·
Registered
174 Posts

I saw one at the dealer last week with that logo on it. It was a 6s/sport with all the extras. The salesman pointed it out to me. It looked nice.. chrome on the black car.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Hmmm...I thought the offical word was that there was no distinction in badging between the "i" and "s".

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanx for the link Count. Find it odd how some get the badge and some don't . Maybe the guy who puts those on only works part time....lol

·
Registered
628 Posts

The only car I have seen the v6 badge on was the only 6s on the dealer's lot with the Auto-Dimming Mirror. This plus halfadozen's comments in his thread lead me to believe that you only get it w/that mirror.

More Mazda wisdom i guess...

·
Registered
146 Posts

I have the inside scoop. It was started as a "on the fly" upgrade/change in mid-December. All 6's with the V-6 will now have the badge.

As for getting them if you didn't get them and want them; get your dealer on the case.

I have them (see the link above) and they look *very* cool IMHO.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by stew560

The only car I have seen the v6 badge on was the only 6s on the dealer's lot with the Auto-Dimming Mirror. This plus halfadozen's comments in his thread lead me to believe that you only get it w/that mirror.  

More Mazda wisdom i guess...[/b]
Well that can't be it because I have no auto-dimming mirror....must be the part timer ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Mine has the Chrome v6 badge as well. It is definitely totally cool. For one I have yet to see another 6 on the road here so I don't have anything to compare it to, and for the other mine was the only v6 on the lot when I bought it so I assumed the rest didn't have it because they only had 4 cylinders. Didn't get to take pics this weekend. couldn't stay out of the drivers' seat long enough. Week 2 and already nearing 800 miles.

(I do have the auto-dimming mirror...if that helps any. Personally I thought it was part of the chrome package which comes with the Sport Package here in NA.)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by kevgray

I like mine without. Even furthers my "sleeper" image.
;)  

kev[/b]
I agree. If there were any markings I would prefer just a small "s" on the Mazda6 logo on the trunk.

·
Registered
526 Posts

I get the stealth image idea. However - the vain part of me wants people to know I got the big motor, so I'll keep the badge.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

In my opinion, the way the 6 looks with the sport package shredds all possibility of being stealthy. The ground effects and spoiler, not to mention the stock rims tells all. One thing I do like is that the sport option is offered for the 4 cyl, so someone who has raced the 4 before may have a surprise coming when racing an almost identical looking 6 cyl version. That's the only time I can see where not having the badge would be an advantage. In my opinion, the other person should never see the badge anyway...all they should see is the exhaust pipes as I pull away.

·
Registered
468 Posts

i won't bother my dealer about it. looks "cleaner" this way and the sleeper is so much more nice to have :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts