Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Utah is getting crazy as far as the UHP goes, so far we have 8 Dodge Chargers on the freeways, 6 of them have the V8 Hemi model(340hp), 2 of them have the same but are supercharged pushing 660hp (those two are located on the open highways) they will soon replace all their crown victoria with these, they are the only police unit in utah doing the change. There is also a video.

http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headl...5A-3084C7C3B722

http://kutv.com/soutahphotos/local_slideshow_182235815

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Same thing in NYC. Albeit city cops are getting the 3.5L V6 and the Hwy patrol is getting the Hemi version.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Just stay ahead of them until they run out of gas. Should take...about 20 miles. :)

Seriously, anyone who tries to outrun a cop is a moron anyway. You can't outrun the radio.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just stay ahead of them until they run out of gas. Should take...about 20 miles. :)

Seriously, anyone who tries to outrun a cop is a moron anyway. You can't outrun the radio.
[/b]
some cars can liek theres one video of a lotus exige owning a cop, it just took off into the distance, but that's one in a million.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
some cars can liek theres one video of a lotus exige owning a cop, it just took off into the distance, but that's one in a million.
[/b]

Lol, all he has to do is radio that there is a freakishly small bug like car that just got away from him. Hard to miss an exige. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
[/b]
He's still a moron. If the cop got his plates, or has buddies waiting ahead, he's toast. And he's GOING to run out of gas at some point. Ask that Lambo driver who outran a cop, just to be busted at the gas station.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
nice cop cars, but it is very hard to outrun a cop no matter what like he said with radio and other shit the cops will eventually get him.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I live in Red Deer alberta, And one of the small towns around here (Lacombe) has one also. not sure if its the Hemi. All i know is that im gonna need a faster car. lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Colorado ran Z28s until they all wore out. I guess they've adopted Chargers too,since I saw an unmarked CSP silver Charger with someone pulled over on I-70 yesterday. I'm guessing it was a Hemi, since they always get the fastest rig available.

Vail used to have Volvos, and Aspen Saabs, but they both dropped those a few years ago. Central City uses Hummer H3s for all of their duty. The Grand Junction Police motorcycles are BMWs .

Northern Illinois University uses Prius police cars!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A tiny town near me has one charger that I know of. No idea what is in it. And now days most cities and HP's have helicopters, and no car is going to out run them...

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been telling my ford reps for the past few years that they needed to jump on the bandwagon and get some real upgrades into the Crown Vic. You snooze, you loose!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Our Agency just ordered 31 Hemi Chargers. for this fiscal year budget.. The Sheriff drove one for a week and was sold. We only use our vehicles for two years/100,000 miles and replace 'em. Sadly I won't be getting one since my 2005 CVPI only has 47,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Our Agency just ordered 31 Hemi Chargers. for this fiscal year budget.. The Sheriff drove one for a week and was sold. We only use our vehicles for two years/100,000 miles and replace 'em. Sadly I won't be getting one since my 2005 CVPI only has 47,000 miles on it.
[/b]
Drive your old car alot, patrol patrol patrol and trade it in for a hemi...wooo :drive:

·
Registered
30 Posts
lol i like how you people think its impossible to outrun cops, like the crown vics are soo fast...

first of all that v8 in there is rediculously underpowered for how much those cars weigh, im sure with all the weapons and computer and radio equipment those cars are pusing close to 4000 lbs. and talk to your local law enforcement. i did a toy drive for the california highway patroly ended up in talking to em getting one of the guys to admit that except for their z28 camaros, the vics and bikes govern at 120 for liability reasons, so if you do better than 120 which isnt hard to do your gone... leave em and get off at the next exit and take streets before he has a chance to radio ahead, which they dont do right away because they always assume at first, unless your in something like a ferrari, lambo, porsche, etc., that they can catch up, by time they realize they cant and radio ahead its too late your out of sight and off at the next ramp. its been done many times by me and quite a few friends. also i have friends dads who are officers for varying departments in the area. their helicopters stop patrolling at 1 am, after that they go up on a called basis. dont glorify those crown vics their beastly heavy and take a while to get up to speed. 6-0

·
Registered
704 Posts
0-60 in 6 sec.? Thats slow. Hell, the ms6 would dust it, and I'm sure that it can out handle it as well. So, if there is not very much traffic, see ya. On the other hand, if there is some traffic, your caught. Like voreth said, if you can lose them within 5 min., you are golden. But lets get back to reality, if you run and you get caught, you will go to jail directly to jail and you won't collect $200. So don't do it!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
wow, that would be great to beat on those vehicles in that profession!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts