Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've seen a lot of posts on the right jack points on the speed6. I'm lucky to have the option of using a Hydraulic Car Lift. Its one of the lifts that have the "4 arms" that you can manuelly extend and place them on specified places underneath your car before you "lift" it up.

My question is where do you place those arms so that the car will not "slide" off of the arms; or dent the bottom of the car??? I"m guessing you use the "inner" rail looking thing that is further inward than than the "jack points" that the car manual states. I still worry that using that "rail" would mean the car would be slightly unstable on the lift.. (Because the points where the arms are lifting will be pretty close [relativley] together).

Any advice or pictures would be a great help...

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I regularly have my car up on a lift like the one you described and I use the regular jackpoints with no problem.

I just set the two front arms right behind the front wheel and the other two just before the rear wheels. Have the arms on that folded metal in the pic and you should be fine. The lift that I use have non skid rubber padded platforms. The car is fairly balanced on the lift this way. I usually lift it a couple of inches off the ground, give it a shove or two to make sure it's balanced and secure, then lift all the way up.

I have a 6s BTW, but I don't think your jack points are any different.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I regularly have my car up on a lift like the one you described and I use the regular jackpoints with no problem:

I just set the two front arms right behind the front wheel and the other two just before the rear wheels. Have the arms on that folded metal in the pic and you should be fine. The lift that I use have non skid rubber padded platforms. The car is fairly balanced on the lift this way. I usually lift it a couple of inches off the ground, give it a shove or two to make sure it's balanced and secure, then lift all the way up.

I have a 6s BTW, but I don't think your jack points are any different.
[/b]
So just want to verify. Those folds won't bend or anything when you place the rubber padded platforms underneath them and lift? It seems that the actual jackpoints are on the sides of the folds rather than the folds themselves? I mean, how strong are those folds?

·
Registered
815 Posts
you would be surprised how stable those pinch welds are. its either you jack the car up from the pinch welds or under the control arms.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ya put em as far into the corners as you can. Ya try to find something flat that can take the weight. And ya usually the lip on the edge with the "pinch" welds will hold.

·
Registered
815 Posts
usually the only time where the pinch welds will crumble will be when theyre rusted. happens to alot of the older vehicles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts