Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm homing in on which Mazda6 to look for, but could use a bit more advice:

1. I've read here that a 2004 would be better than a 2003, but I haven't seen a reason. Were there first-year problems that were addressed in 2004?

2. Do both the standard and Bose upgrade accept multiple CD's at one time, or just the Bose?

3. I thought I had the "Sport Package" all figured out until I saw a thread here last night about the "Appearance Package", and it looked identical. Now I'm REALLY confused! The listings for the Sport Package look like what I want, so I don't want to screw up! How do I tell the difference?

(The current perfect 6 for me would be 2003 or 2004, blue with black leather interior, 6-cyl, manual with Bose and heated mirrors for upgrades. I'm considering the red and black exterior too, but prefer the blue, I think. Weigh in on these options if you think I'm off my rocker! 6-cyl/manual is the only fixed requirement for me.)

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
1. There are some slight difference between the 03's and 04's. But the only one that I know is the 04's had an external antenna, the 03's had it build into the rear windows. I'm sure there are some other subtle changes here and there.

2. No, only the Bose came with a multi-cd player.

3. Externally, the Sport Package includes the sports bumper front and rear and spoiler. Those who had the non-sport package had the normal bumpers BUT can get the appearance package, which is lower lip for the front bumper and spoiler.

You interested in a 04 Onyx Black V6 MT? :D I'm in PA.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. There are some slight difference between the 03's and 04's. But the only one that I know is the 04's had an external antenna, the 03's had it build into the rear windows. I'm sure there are some other subtle changes here and there.

2. No, only the Bose came with a multi-cd player.

3. Externally, the Sport Package includes the sports bumper front and rear and spoiler. Those who had the non-sport package had the normal bumpers BUT can get the appearance package, which is lower lip for the front bumper and spoiler.

You interested in a 04 Onyx Black V6 MT? :D I'm in PA.
[/b]

(chuckle) I read through your horrifying post last night about getting screwed....I thought you decided to keep it and keep all your parts?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went and reviewed your post. That is one hot car! Worth every penny of what you're asking. But a bit too much for me, not to mention I'm in SW Ohio, and you're almost to Joisy! ;)

I'm told there's some place in Cincy that helps locate Mazda6's around here, pulling them from Michigan on search-efforts....need to find these people.

Thanks for your explanations on the options!

And good luck selling that beast!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey if you are in the Ohio area, do you know msumlin? Awesome guy with a lot of knowledge! His household has three Mazdas! Anyway, look for him and pm, I'm sure he'll help you out.
[/b]

Hmm, no I don't, but I have seen him mentioned somewhere in the hundreds of threads I've read here. ;)

I'm off to figure out how to PM here!! Dontcha hate newbies? :D

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I just went and reviewed your post. That is one hot car! Worth every penny of what you're asking. But a bit too much for me, not to mention I'm in SW Ohio, and you're almost to Joisy! ;)
[/b]

You know, I just had a thought that maybe if you like the car and would buy it, I could deliever it to you. But damn, I just took a look at google maps. PA is such a long ass state. Nevermind... :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts