Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im hoping someone on this board can help me recently my mazda 2004 2.0 diesel started accelerating poorly so I used some injector cleaner in the tank but when I have gone to start it it ran for a couple of mins then died and now it wont start up at all.I know Ive messed up using the cleaner but I didnt think it would kill my car can anyone please give me some advice on what to do thanks

·
Banned
703 Posts
Hi im hoping someone on this board can help me recently my mazda 2004 2.0 diesel started accelerating poorly so I used some injector cleaner in the tank but when I have gone to start it it ran for a couple of mins then died and now it wont start up at all.I know Ive messed up using the cleaner but I didnt think it would kill my car can anyone please give me some advice on what to do thanks
how much did you use? and how much fuel was in the tank when you tried it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a quarter of the bottle and had a quarter of tank of fuel I know it said to use the full bottle in a full tank but thought Id be ok.I was wrong ...

·
Banned
703 Posts
I used a quarter of the bottle and had a quarter of tank of fuel I know it said to use the full bottle in a full tank but thought Id be ok.I was wrong ...
there's no way your car stopped running from a totally normal concentration of fuel injector cleaner. I would wait a couple hours and try again. turn the key to the on position (with all the lights on the dash) and wait like that for a good 10-30seconds to let the fuel pump prime before trying to start the engine again. add fuel to the tank maybe?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked the fuel guage after recharging the battery and it is now in the red It might have been stuck before as it did sometimes and I used too much.
Ive added some more diesel and emptied the diesel filter and re primed it but still no joy.

When I turn it over its like it wants to fire up but seems to be missing something.If it was a petrol itd be like the spark is missing but I have no idea what it is on a diesel.Thank you for your reply and any help with what to look at would be appreciated.

·
Banned
703 Posts
Which cleaner did you use?

And yes it's very possible the "cleaner" is the issue.

Assuming you can't get the car to the gas pump, I'd go and fill up a 5 gal. container and put it in your tank to help dilute the cleaner.
With diesel, probably. Because it's more difficult to start since no spark plugs and diesel does not combust as easily as gasoline.

OP, is the cleaner you used OK for diesel engines?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep the redex cleaner was the 5 in 1 version for diesel engines its what the person in halfords recommends I havent got to garage yet ill update as soon as I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts