Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a used Mazda 6 and I can spend a maximum of a little over 16k on the car.

CarMax currently has a used 05 6 with 27,000 miles, I trim, green, AC, power steering/windows/mirrors/locks/cruise control/ABS/AMFM cd system/air bags/and alloy wheels. the condition of the car is decent to clean, just a few minor stains they said they would take care of.

they are asking for a no haggle price (carmax doesnt allow you to negotiate the price) of 16k

you guys think this is a good deal or at least decent? i am kinda in a hurry to buy a new vehicle which is probably going to hurt me in the long run but oh well

I am in the Midwest btw, I live in Kansas, and we have around ~2-3 mazda dealers, but none of them are offering the deals that i see you guys getting.

·
Registered
922 Posts
those "deals" that you speak of are factory rebates.... if i'm not mistaken every mazda dealership should be on board with those rebates...

also, i believe "I" trim means non sport package... so 16K for a used 05 non sport in the midwest (low cost of living) IMO isn't that great... shop around if you have time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im a little confused on the incentives for the 6 right now. does it only apply if you buy a new 6 or does it also apply to a used 6 as well?

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my posts aren't really that clear

in general, what type of 6 do you guys think I can get if i'm willing to pay $16,500 as the OUT THE DOOR PRICE? im thinking i could buy a base 6i mazda 6 for invoice or a little under + rebates (whatever they are).

any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you go to mazdausa.com, you can search for dealers in your area and then search their inventory to see what they have left. (you can also search up to a certain distance from your location, but that does not seem to be working today).

When you find what you want, I would then just contact them and ask what they will sell the car for, when you find one you want. Or you can go to a nearby dealer and they can locate a car for you and possibly have it transferred...you probably will pay a bit more than if you go to the dealer that has the car.

The lower priced versions of 2006s are getting harder to find. But I checked myself, using KC as the location (not sure where you are in Kansas). The dealer in that city did not have any in the base trim listed, but one of the other nearby dealers had 5 of them in the base trim.

Rebates are only on new cars and Mazda6i has $3000 rebate if you take their non-discount financing ($2500 if you do not take the financing). You can also find that information on mazdausa.com.

If I were buying a 2006, I'd expect to pay no more than invoice less the rebates...plus TTL, of course.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the response

I did a little more research, and a new 06 i with the only features being the 5 speed sports AT transmission and the side airbags and side curtain airbags has an invoice of $19,401, take 2500 off for the rebate and thats $16.9k, anybody think i can go lower than that or that i can get away with more features?

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can always find deals, you will just have to shop around. I got my 05 6i sport, 5 spd, 5 door, for $15000 out the door *NEW*, I had to drive about 115 miles to get it but for the money I saved, I'm happy. Call around to all the dealers in your area and ask what specials they have going. The dealer I went to gave an extra 5500 off after the factory rebates. Also, if you want to buy used, I have seen a fair share of 6's on ebay with low miles going for about 13-14k. Even if its far away you can get it shipped to you for under 800 bucks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
FWIW, I paid close to that price that Carmax is asking about 9 months ago (2005) for a 2004 6s w/ 14.000 miles. It had every possible option too. Price is way too high.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Carmax charges way too much for their used cars. The only way you can make out there is if you get a new car from them. I don't think any of their locations sell cars new.

CarMax is a good place to take your car if you're trading it in, to get their appraisal on it. A friend of mine did this, and Carmax gave him twice what the dealer offered for his car.

You can get a brand new 06 6i base model stick out the door for $15,500 if you play your cards right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts