1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
510 Posts
I woudnt hesitate at all. The wear numbers it has shown for up to 10k mile oil change intervals have been better than the world famous Mobil1. You cant really buy a better oil and for the price (normal price is $3.95/qt at wally world) its the best oil out there IMO.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The more I read about PP on BITOG, the more I want to switch from the almighty M1 on my next OCI, which is coming up quick. People have been getting good UOA reports with PP.

I missed the last PP rebate program, so thank you Passwird for bringing this up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just did an oil change a couple of weeks ago and used PP 5w20. I'm planning on going 5k-7k on it (we'll see how lucky I feel) and will post a UOA to 6tech when I'm done.

Great price on that oil.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have been using the Pennzoil Platnum Syn since my break-in was complete and have been very happy with the results. Power difference isn't noticable, but mileage has increased. Haven't noticed increased oil consumption, and I am changing it every 5000 miles. Two thumbs up on the product and the great price!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I just saw this deal on another deal site (probably the same as the original poster :)) and came here to search for any info on this brand.

I believe as far as synths go almost everyone here is a huge fan of Mobil 1's 0-20, which is what I have been using religiously from the beginning. However, it sounds like a bunch of you are optimistic about this brand, too! Maybe I'll give it a shot - I am overdue for an oil change!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It seems that pepboys only carries this in a 5w-30, not the mazda reccomended 5w-20, but Crossbow has confirmed that 5w-30 is ok
[/b]
Damn, you're good - I was just coming in to post that PB doesn't carry our weight, too! So is the 5-30 what everyone has been using then (who already have been)?

Will it be a prob switching from Mobil's 0-20 (5-20) to this 5-30?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
there is a lot of difference IMO in engine revvability between the Mobil ow-20 and Mobil 5w-30. I found this out very earlier on when I chose to get my oil changed at a Mobil1 oil change place, when that station put in 5w-30 instead of the ow-20.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used mobile one for a while now, great oil but I am now sticking with Royal Purple Full Synthetic 5w20 it seemed to be the best one IMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
15 Participants
fullmetal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing