Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to update the firmware on my 2017 mazda6 m/t. I was having issues with it reading the update from the usb stick, but now it's not even reading that there is anything there. Both still work to charge my phone. Any help?
Thanks

Registered
Interesting, here is the title of a recent thread I posted. "Is this Firmware version current/up to date in my 2016 Mazda 6 touring." Look for a guy who posted named "trollz" or similar to that. He knew alot about these updates.

in the end, for reasons like yours and a YouTube i watched, i ended up passing and have already talked to the dealership about updating mine.

Also you might want to look at this YouTube, "warning, mazda, do not mess with firmware". Young guy bricked his system.

Good luck.

Registered
2016 6
I'm trying to update the firmware on my 2017 mazda6 m/t. I was having issues with it reading the update from the usb stick, but now it's not even reading that there is anything there. Both still work to charge my phone. Any help?
Thanks
Hey first off what鈥檚 the number of the software update you鈥檙e trying to put into the vehicle and what鈥檚 the vehicles software at currently, and is there any other data on the usb drive besides that? I would also remove the Nav card if you have one as there was a certain batch of SD cards that caused issues. Another thing to check is when you open the selection screen where it鈥檚 like 1-99 you can actually select a dtc scan and you鈥檒l be able to see if there鈥檚 any DTC鈥檚 stored in the cmu. If there鈥檚 nothing there, I would attempt to revert the software back to a previous version and then try to update again. Also maybe switch to a different usb stick just to be safe.

Registered
Is the stick formatted to FAT32? I also vaguely recall reading some older firmware versions have trouble reading sticks larger than 16GB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts