Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2015 mazda6 in 2020. if I use an ipod or usb drive for music, there is a delay of anywhere from 2-10 mins before I can play anything. it seems like the system is indexing from scratch EVERYTIME the engine is turned off. the shorter side of the process would be if I've been in the car using the cd or radio for 15, 20 mins then use the usb. if I try it pulling away from the house, 10 mins of silence. pretty much same thing for an ipod. the usb is only 32 gb (from what I've found the max the system can read) while the ipods are anywhere from 30-160 gb. my gf's father has a ford and both devices are ready in about 30 secs. is this normal or can something be done to speed the process up? it really makes me not use the usb. every other car (after market systems) for the last 15 years I've owned with a usb port, few secs and then it's just finding what I want to hear. hopefully there is a solution or upgrade that can make it functional

· Administrator
18,898 Posts
Yes, it sucks, no, there's no solution, only a workaround.

The Mazda (TomTom NB1) infotainment before 2016.5 is complete garbage and does, in fact, re-cache everything on the USB/iPod every single time you plug it in or start the car. The best means around this is to connect the iPod to your blutooth since it doesn't cache over that and is instantly ready.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts