Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Build-Your-Own option is now available at www.mazdausa.com!!!

Base MSRPs:

MAZDA6 i $19,050
Key features include:
2.3L DOHC 4-cylinder engine with variable valve timing (VVT)
4-wheel disc brakes
AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers

MAZDA6 s $21,620
Key features include:
3.0L DOHC V6 engine with variable valve timing (VVT)
Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
16-inch alloy wheels
Fully automatic climate control system

Look into the link for more!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'USA Pricing & Build Your Mazda6 Up!!!!'

www.mazdausa.com

(sorry, got a little excited) :D

·
Registered
79 Posts

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts

2003 MAZDA6
Trim MAZDA6 s
Transmission 5-Speed Manual
Engine 3.0L DOHC 24-valve 6-cylinder engine with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
Premium Package, Sport Package, BOSE® Audio Package, Anti-Lock Brakes/Traction Control, All-Weather Floor Mats, Alarm Shock Sensor Upgrade, Wheel Locks
$23,265 MSRP includes destination fee, but excludes tax, title, and license fees

I briefly go over the list and difenately it's not my final choice.:) :)

·
Registered
319 Posts

SWEET!

There are some strange combinations I was hoping to avoid.

Examples (Mazda6 i models)
Sport Package: Must get Premium Package, Comfort Package, Leather Seat Upholstery, and Power Moonroof (+$3400 :eek:) I would want the comfort package, but I don't need the premium package where I have to get 16" wheels just so they can become 17" with the sport package. I could do with out the leather seats, power seats and the perimeter alarm. So much for "sport package". More like "gotta get EVERY SINGLE OTHER package if you want the sport package." Sport package should be the $4200 the way they make you pay for all that other junk.

Comfort Package:
Must spend another $3400 to get the Leather seats, sport package, power moonroof and premium package. Good one again. I guess if you want heated seats you need the sport package :sarc

Bose Package (this is the worst):
Must add $4925 to MSRP!!!! Requires sport package, comfort package, premium package, ABS/TCS, side airbags/side curtains, moonroof and leather seats. GIMME A BREAK!!!!!! That is just rediculous.

ABS/TCS: Everything in the Bose package is required.

Side airbags: Everything from Bose Package is reqired.

All in all, I'm not very happy. Yes I would get the sport package, but I'm angry it makes me pay another $3000+ for a bunch of other stuff I'd probably opt out of. Basically, the way Mazda is doing this, is that if you want the 4 cylinder you either get a stripper with absolutely NO options, or you have to load it to the teeth with everything from Sport to side curtains to leather, comfort, premium, etc.

A little disappointed. What's the point in making it look like there are all these stand alone options when you have to get 3 other "stand alone options" in order to get the one you want????!!! Lets see how the V6 model comes out.

·
Registered
319 Posts

V6 isn't quite as bad, probably because the premium package comes standard.

Sport Package: Must add Bose audio.
Bose: Must add sport package.
Comfort: Must get leather power moonroof.
Side Airbags: Must get comfort, leather, moonroof, bose, sport package.

Why must all these options come bundled with all that other junk. I'm glad I want Bose and sport, or I'd be screwed. I feel sorry for someone who wants a 4 cylinder with side bags and ABS/TCS. They have to get EVERYTHING else, just to get those safety items.

Why must it be so complicated? If anything, they should just make about 4 trim levels and NO options, much like Acura does (base and Type S). All these choices only to find out you can't get the cominations you want makes one kinda angry, like me. ;)

I still love the 6!

·
Registered
319 Posts

Here are the prices for full loaded 4 cly vs V6. Note: This does not include all the little options like compass, homelink, winter mats, etc. These prices are for 5 speed manual cars.

Included is:
BOSE
Sport Package
ABS/TCS
Leather
Premium
Comfort
Side Airbags/Side Curtain Airbags
Power Moonroof

4 Cylinder : $23,975
V6: $25,345

So it looks like the V6 is about a $1500 option, if you want to look at it that way. Maybe I'm missing some standard options on the V6 that just plain aren't available on the I4, that makes the V6 difference even less (ACC maybe??)

V6 is looking a little more tempting. Not that much more$$.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Yeah what the he** is this crap?

Why do they have the Bose Audio Package as the first freakin' thing if you have to get like 10 other packages and options to even choose it.

Why not have a freakin' org chart that shows you how to actually get any option you want:

base model --> + sport package --> + comfort package --> + premium package --> + bose package = car that you can choose an option for

want the sport package? oh no...you have to buy the comfort, premium and bose package.

want the comfort package? oh no...you have to buy the sport, premium and bose package

want the premium package? oh no...you have to buy the comfort, sport and bose package

want another option? oh no...you have to buy the comfort, sport, premium and bose packages

why call them packages since they seem to be all locked together anway.
if you want any options, it seems as though you have to pretty much get them all. if you want one, it seems like you have to get them all.

what a pile of crap.

look out honda and toyota...I'll be looking at you more seriously now since the M6 ain't gonna quite be the value that I thought it might be. Much as I like Mazda, a few thousand bucks can sway me.

an annoyed MM

·
Registered
21 Posts
absolutely correct

mightymazda, i totally agree with you. all i want is the mazda6i with sport package for $860, but it requires all the other packages, driving the price up from 19,910 to 22,490!!! insane.

everyone please e-mail [email protected] and tell them this is wrong. i did, and hopefully if enough people do as well, we can get them to change the pricing configurations

·
Registered
58 Posts

Sport package is the one that I really have no interest in. I don't want a spoiler, don't really care about 17" wheels (just makes replacement tires that much more expensive); don't give a rat's a** for luminescent dials

Bose package I could take or leave...my current 626 is so loud that I normally just crank the news since everything else is usually drowned out by road noise. I guess it would be nice to listen to good speakers. $600 worth...tough to say

Premium package - well, anti-theft would be nice. middling interest in the power seat though. I could go for this package but it's a toss up.

Comfort package: don't care about heated seats. It's not cold enough in Seattle for heated door mirrors.

Leather seats: not really that interested in
Moonroof: don't care about

ABS: I want this as an option - I'll be driving enough in the rain that this would be good.

BUT to get ABS, I have to get everything else(Comfort, sport, leather, moonroof, etc).

The ABS is standard with the v6 but I don't want the v6, I want the I4. However, it would be quite a bit cheaper to get the v6 and use the savings to pay for the extra gas the v6 would consume.

curse you Mazda!

MM

·
Registered
35 Posts

The option package bundle is BS. I'm so disappointed and consider not buying the Mazda6. Why doesn't Mazda learn the BS bundle will not make them more money, in fact.. much less, cos Mazda just lost one customer.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Looks like Mazda USA fu*ked up trim levels quite a bit. Confusing too. I tried to understand the "get this to get that" chart up above, but I was lost along the way...

:sarc :sarc :sarc :sarc

Guys: follow the advice given. Send emails to Mazda USA and tell them you dislike packaging levels and options given.

The power of the consumer is nothing to underestimate. You can change this. (Just look at the fact that they weren't gonna give you the hatch or the wagon. I'm darn sure we helped them change that desicion...:D )

·
Registered
35 Posts

I just sent an e-mail to mazda and told them to look at the discussion board here and from edmund's, so Mazdausa will know how bad they f* up the trim line and package option bundles (not stand alone)
:(

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, stand alone is always to prefer.

God, I hate the old Henry Ford idea of "you can have any color as long as you choose black"!

Let people decide for themselves what things they want to buy! :sarc

·
Registered
319 Posts

Mighty Mazda, I like your point about how if you want a I4 with ABS that it is actually MORE expensive than the V6 with ABS.

Why in the world does a sport package have anything to do with the stereo, or the seats? There is no reason that the four main packages should NOT be stand alone. Bose, Comfort, Premium, and Sport. Then bundle the side bags/side curtains together with ABS/TCS. Moonroof and leather should be part of the premium.

These are not options, but rather ways to force people to spend more money than they want in order to get packages they want. I'm sure in the end it may actually force people away as the good deal they were looking for, with a sport package thrown in, suddenly becomes ~4500 dollars more expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Just tried your build-site out. <g>

To me a "package" is something that would be a standalone feature. But when you click the Bose and see that you have to pick almost all the rest as well...why bother list them as individual options? Plain stupid!!!:sarc

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I agree on the absurdness of the packages. I wanted the 6s withe Moonroof and the Bose System, But noooooo, I need the Sport Package and the Leather Seats to get that. But to get the Leather Seats I need to get the Comfort Package. Plus the Spoiler is only available if you get the Sport Package as well. Oh well...looks like another email is going out to Mazda....

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

I agree on the absurdness of the packages. I wanted the 6s withe Moonroof and the Bose System, But noooooo, I need the Sport Package and the Leather Seats to get that. But to get the Leather Seats I need to get the Comfort Package. Plus the Spoiler is only available if you get the Sport Package as well. Oh well...looks like another email is going out to Mazda....[/b]
It's really plain stupid for mazda USA to come up with such options.

Bloody stupid !

I say, Mazda USA must be blinded by the success of Mazda6 around the rest of the world.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Car options should be like a manu, individual items itemized - with specials - packages if you want them at good pricing.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts