Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Mazda taking custom orders yet? Is it possible for me to get exactly what I want with PIO's instead of dealer installed accessories? That is, I want a fully loaded S with AT, and I'd like to get doodads like the homelink mirror and MP3 player. I'd really prefer to have these items installed at "port" rather than at the dealer. Is this possible yet?

Also, what's the best way to negotiate a price on a custom-ordered car? I would think that waiting two months on a build-to-order car makes you appear less flighty to a dealer than a walk-in purchaser. In this case, is it best to negotiate the price before placing the order? is that even possible?

thanks,
-Alt

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Replying to Topic 'US Special orders?'

i special ordered my 6 with the homelink and mp3 player and was told it would arrive at the dealership already installed. as far as negotiating the price on a special oredered car, thats a good question. i got my 6 at a fixed amount (invoice w/S plan) so I dont know. but im guessing you would do it when the car arrives, b/c even tho it is special ordered by you, you can always back out and get your deposit back if the negotiating doesnt go low enough for you once it arrives, and the car goes on the lot like the rest of them to be negotiated by someone else.

hope that helps

·
Registered
75 Posts

I was told you CAN NOT specifically order "your car" like you can with BMW, mercedes, etc. You CAN order a car and the factory will send the dealer the closest thing they have, but they will NOT build your car for you. It is entirely possible that there will be certian combinations never made. For example, its very hard to find a 5spd V6 with the sport pack fully loaded.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Unless the dealership is feeding me with B.S. They ordered me one exactly how I want it. Black 6s with all options, including crome gas cap and homelink, leather, bose, mp3. Should be here in a few weeks (Ordered 12/16)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The deal probably is you can't get package options that aren't "linked" from the factory assembly line, but you can get whatever combination of PIOs (Port-Installed Options) you like.

-Alt

·
Registered
49 Posts

I'll be speaking to a dealer this week on a quote.... so we'll see what they say about custom orders, etc.

Anyone know difference (or have pics) of the MP3 decks? Theres 2 part numbers... might be same maybe. Which is better if anyone knows?

MP3 Player/Panel - GJ6B-79-AGXB / GJ6B-79-BGXF

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading Topic: US Special orders?

You will need both parts for MP3 capability. One is the physical MP3 unit, the other is the proper panel with appropriate buttons for MP3 use.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by TbirdJayC

I was told you CAN NOT specifically order "your car" like you can with BMW, mercedes, etc.  You CAN order a car and the factory will send the dealer the closest thing they have, but they will NOT build your car for you.  It is entirely possible that there will be certian combinations never made.  For example, its very hard to find a 5spd V6 with the sport pack fully loaded.[/b]
thats funny, because thats EXACTLY what they did for me. either that, or they had EXACTLY what I wanted at the factory and will be shipping it to my dealer. I ordered a 6s, 5sp, lapis blue, sport package, comfort, homelink, mp3, and i was able to get custom leather from classicsofttrim.com financed with my car. i guess they had one just like that waiting at the factory for me then!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

Unless the dealership is feeding me with B.S. They ordered me one exactly how I want it. Black 6s with all options, including crome gas cap and homelink, leather, bose, mp3. Should be here in a few weeks (Ordered 12/16)[/b]
same with me but i didnt get the gas cap, bose, or the 'factory' leather

·
Registered
49 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

thats funny, because thats EXACTLY what they did for me. either that, or they had EXACTLY what I wanted at the factory and will be shipping it to my dealer. I ordered a 6s, 5sp, lapis blue, sport package, comfort, homelink, mp3, and i was able to get custom leather from classicsofttrim.com financed with my car. i guess they had one just like that waiting at the factory for me then![/b]
Was the custom leather a dealer thing or from factory? Just curious. I'm going to go order mine this week. Estimated delivery time they gave me was 10-12 wks. :)

G

·

I don't get how you guys can order an MP3 player.. I don't see it listed anyway. Im getting a Mazda6 S fully loaded 5 speed and they said whenever I place the order it will be there in like 2 days. I live in Springfield, Missouri.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Originally posted by Altersys

You will need both parts for MP3 capability.  One is the physical MP3 unit, the other is the proper panel with appropriate buttons for MP3 use.

-Alt[/b]
So is the MP3 unit just a decoder for MP3s on a CD-R or does the MP3 unit have it's own storage (hard drive, etc) that you can transfer to via CD or something? Can't find many details on this yet. If anyone has one, mind posting pics?

·
Registered
305 Posts

The MP3 is a CD-R player.

And I'm curious as to how he could special-order one when Mazda told me it wouldn't be available until March....

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by TbirdJayC

I was told you CAN NOT specifically order "your car" like you can with BMW, mercedes, etc.  You CAN order a car and the factory will send the dealer the closest thing they have, but they will NOT build your car for you.  It is entirely possible that there will be certian combinations never made.  For example, its very hard to find a 5spd V6 with the sport pack fully loaded.[/b]
That is a load of bull. Really.

I know. My wife works at AAI and has since 1987 when they opened the doors. I had my car ordered to MY specs and she followed it through the plant for me.

Whomever told you that is a liar.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Yes, I ordered mine today on halfadozen's recommendation. Tell your wife to make shure my car isn't put together on a Friday or Monday... just joking. Did she get pictures of it being assembled? How did she know which one was yours?

·
Registered
146 Posts

Originally posted by ZMZMSIX

Yes, I ordered mine today on halfadozen's recommendation. Tell your wife to make shure my car isn't put together on a Friday or Monday... just joking. Did she get pictures of it being assembled? How did she know which one was yours?[/b]
Well, mine was put together on Friday the 13th of December. Talk about battling the karma Gods! Geesh!

Once you get your VIN, that is how it can be tracked in the plant... but you are talking about the number 1 or 2 person in the plant being able to pull the commit number on the VIN... it doesn't happen. Unless your wife has worked there since they opened the plant :D.

Yes she got pictures of it from a shell to completion; I did post them for a couple of days but was told by some salary Ford folks that it was not a good idea if I wanted to ensure my wife's future employ in the plant.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts