Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to surprise a friend with a sub and component speakers for her birthday. I am familiar with installing amps and have done so in several cars, but I haven't worked with a factory installed radio yet. I know how to install everything but the line out converter, and I need help on this to complete the surprise. I know the general premise of the LOC, but I need help on actually hooking it up. The car is a normal 2009 Mazda 6 without the bose package. I know how to get to the back of the radio and saw the wiring harness with the speaker cables, but how do I actually plug up the line out converter?? Also, is it easier just to go to another speaker? I got a great amp and a very nice sub so I want this to sound as good as possible, so please help my hooking up the LOC so I have the best audio quality. Pictures are helpful if you have any. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
659 Posts
Search --- there's another (RECENT) thread on this exact topic.

Get a line out converter (your choice) get the female and male harnesses; tap the front channels. The part numbers are in the other thread I mentioned.

-Ernie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts