Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just lowered my car last night and as I expected the endlinks are much too long to fit the current ride height. I have looked around a bit, but haven't found any adjustable endlinks. I specifically need some that adjust to really short lengths.

·
Registered
652 Posts
So I just lowered my car last night and as I expected the endlinks are much too long to fit the current ride height. I have looked around a bit, but haven't found any adjustable endlinks. I specifically need some that adjust to really short lengths.
Where are you located? I'm sure there is a Napa close to you and if you take your factory one in with you, they can measure the ball shaft diameter and should be able to help you find what you need. If you have any performance shop near you, they would be able to help you even better.

It is as simple as using a different 1 but you want to make sure that 1) it fits the sway bar, and 2) fits the other mounting side. You don't want to just buy 1 to toss in there only to find out that the shaft is too wide or too thin for the mounting points. Too wide is a little better because you can drill to match as long as you're not take too much away. Too thin is an issue because you don't want it shifting inside the hole at all.

Reactions: ABCGarage!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where are you located? I'm sure there is a Napa close to you and if you take your factory one in with you, they can measure the ball shaft diameter and should be able to help you find what you need. If you have any performance shop near you, they would be able to help you even better.

It is as simple as using a different 1 but you want to make sure that 1) it fits the sway bar, and 2) fits the other mounting side. You don't want to just buy 1 to toss in there only to find out that the shaft is too wide or too thin for the mounting points. Too wide is a little better because you can drill to match as long as you're not take too much away. Too thin is an issue because you don't want it shifting inside the hole at all.
Extremely helpful advice, I will try to visit a Napa or performance shop instead of just buying one online because that does seem like a much better alternative.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was lowered on CS springs, and now on bags, and I have the stock end links still installed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was lowered on CS springs, and now on bags, and I have the stock end links still installed.

Do you have to angle the end links to make them fit?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you have to angle the end links to make them fit?
I had to put Jack's under both hubs to bring them up to ride height for them to align

Reactions: DJ Raydiate

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had to put Jack's under both hubs to bring them up to ride height for them to align

Thank you, I'll definitely try out this method.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thank you, I'll definitely try out this method.
Anytime you do suspension, you need to do this before you torque everything down. If you don't it can tear and prewear the bushings out fast due to the stress that they get put under.

What happens is if you torque everything down with no load, once you set the car down the bushings will twist more than they are designed for adding more stress to the rubber. When you load the suspension (jacking both hubs up at the same time) then torque everything down, it now sets in its proper location and can do the allowable twist safely. When I do this I get a small level out to make sure that whatever end I'm working on is level on both jacks just to be sure there is not a side to side difference.

Reactions: ABCGarage!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anytime you do suspension, you need to do this before you torque everything down. If you don't it can tear and prewear the bushings out fast due to the stress that they get put under.

What happens is if you torque everything down with no load, once you set the car down the bushings will twist more than they are designed for adding more stress to the rubber. When you load the suspension (jacking both hubs up at the same time) then torque everything down, it now sets in its proper location and can do the allowable twist safely. When I do this I get a small level out to make sure that whatever end I'm working on is level on both jacks just to be sure there is not a side to side difference.
I am happily reporting back that I did this last night and it worked perfectly! Connected the end links properly and adjusted ride height accordingly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts