Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
There's an Australian company that makes a set but IIRC they are stupid expensive and nobody (to my knowledge) has them.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
That's not even including the install (unless you have the tools handy to press out all of your bushings).

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I got the pricing through Tein. I do have a press to do it all myself but that's just way too much money. Anyone have any thoughts as to a workaround for stiffer bushings?

I've seen people fill motor mounts with "window weld" to stiffen them up but I don't see a way to do something like that here.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
i have those. joking.......but thought about getting them, still on my to do list

just burn out the old ones with a torch. fastest way.

window weld works, but not to the point where it last long. it starts to break up. and plus the control arm move and pivot, and that would increase the speed of the window weld failing

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have used Poly bushings on a BMW for upper and lower control arms. Poly bushings are a royal PITA due to the noise they make. You need to grease them routinely or your car will make an insane racket within a few months.

For standard street use, just use stock and forget even thinking Poly.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
If you're just looking for straight handling, no expenses spared then you could always ask Tripoint about their multilink front suspension setup that they were using on their 6. I believe that you were actually able to purchase the setup at one point.

IIRC, it was about 1400 bucks for both fronts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm not worried about the noise. I have no problem throwing the thing up on the lift and greasing it weekly if need be.
You have a lot more patience than I then.

The hassle factor of dealing with Poly, assuming you don't need them for some racing setup, just isn't worth it. The OEM may not last, but replacing them every 70k or whatever isn't exactly the same as loading your car on a lift and trying to figure out how to get grease into poly (may have to remove, or drill something to get grease into them).

If you check the size of the bushings, bet you can find something similar out there that will fit for less. The BMW Poly bushings were damn cheap.

After dealing with a BMW, control arms will always be OEM on just about any car I have. Just not worth the hassle if you buy something aftermarket and then have to deal with suspension issues.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Supercharger money that's why, just a real setback but 751.00 really is a lot of dough ill send my old ones to energy suspension so they could get this kit assembled because this kit should have been developed by now and also should be cheaper by 250 at least

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought the bushings....just waiting.....alignment....axel......just bought those today as well sucks because this car is my daily and I just can't drop it off for a few days because of my job

1 - 20 of 23 Posts