Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I wanna have everyone’s input and see if someone have done it. I am thinking to fix my doors to open upwards... have anyone done it? How would you go about doing that?
thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Like lamborghini doors? There are brackets that can do that but it would need to be custom since the market for something would be non-existent for the 6

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
From what I can tell ruining the fit and finish from oem for the lambo doors is not worth it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
😅

I think if you want to modify the doors, I'd probably do a high quality fit door hand/pull "delete" bit still functional. Similar to the Tesla 6 or 3 but you know... more durable and reliable. That little subtle tweak will make the overall feel a bit more refine and streamline.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
😅

I think if you want to modify the doors, I'd probably do a high quality fit door hand/pull "delete" bit still functional. Similar to the Tesla 6 or 3 but you know... more durable and reliable. That little subtle tweak will make the overall feel a bit more refine and streamline.
I see I will look into it

·
Registered
283 Posts
I almost got a set of the jackknife door hinges for a Neon we had many years ago. I thought those looked really cool. I guess I’d have to see them on a 6. They could be really neat, but it kinda depends on how far they open, etc.

Unless I’m dreaming, I’ve seen a 3rd Gen 6 with a jackknife door hinge kit. That particular execution, while impressive that the guy did it, didn’t open the doors nearly far enough for my taste.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I almost got a set of the jackknife door hinges for a Neon we had many years ago. I thought those looked really cool. I guess I’d have to see them on a 6. They could be really neat, but it kinda depends on how far they open, etc.

Unless I’m dreaming, I’ve seen a 3rd Gen 6 with a jackknife door hinge kit. That particular execution, while impressive that the guy did it, didn’t open the doors nearly far enough for my taste.
Yeah door opening gap is major as well plus the clutter which I keep in door I was thinking about that lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I respect that you got the balls to even consider lambo-winging your Mazda 6

1 - 20 of 21 Posts