Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have tried this and you need to change the wiring harness and ignition. Basically swap out entire interior dash and a/c including steering wheel with the ignition.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
hmm, I didn't need to change the steering wheel or ignition. Why do you say that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not sure if they did. But I did complete it.

Required parts (partially for ease of installation)
  • Complete HVAC unit with blower
  • Dash harness
  • Center Console with climate head unit
  • Inside ambient air temp sensor w/ rubber hose
That should do it, mine has been working great the past couple of weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can help.
I have a parts car (06 MazdaSpeed6) I'm wanting to swap the HVAC and stereo into my 06 Mazda 6 with manual controls. I should presumably have all of the parts. How difficult was it to get the HVAC unit and dash harness out? And is the air temp sensor at the front of the car by the bumper?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
You should be able to do it. But beware the Speed6 although visually similar, appears to have a lot of different wiring going on. The HVAC out is not too difficult....a weekend should do it, but you do need to drain the coolant out and remove the heater hoses, disconnect the A/C lines and remove the dash. There are 2 air temp sensors (ambient) inside and outside. the inside on is located in the driver 'knee' panel (under steering wheel). The exterior one is the same and is already hooked up and installed in the radiator support on both manual and auto climate cars. If you find my build thread I have some more information what needs to be done there; its been a little while since I did the swap.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts