Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, newB here, just got our 6 and am wondering if any of you have had the audio upgraded to the Grand Touring Bose 10 spkr plus integrated bluetooth in your 6, by the dealer?
thanks
Kon6

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (Kona6 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635245
Hi Guys, newB here, just got our 6 and am wondering if any of you have had the audio upgraded to the Grand Touring Bose 10 spkr plus integrated bluetooth in your 6, by the dealer?
thanks
Kon6[/b]
Nope no Grand Touring Bose 10 here. I didn't know they made bluetooth for the 1st generation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
QUOTE (Kona6 @ Feb 6 2010, 02:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635245
thanks
Kon6[/b]
The dealer told me you can't do it; he told me to go aftermarket (and I did). I installed a Jensen Power760 amplifier and replaced the four door speakers with Memphis Audio M class 5 x 7s (which were the largest that would fit). I decided against a subwoofer, probably a mistake, but I didn't want the box in the trunk. I wrapped the speakers in Dynamat, which is expensive.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (21drfrank @ Feb 6 2010, 03:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635251
The dealer told me you can't do it; he told me to go aftermarket (and I did). I installed a Jensen Power760 amplifier and replaced the four door speakers with Memphis Audio M class 5 x 7s (which were the largest that would fit). I decided against a subwoofer, probably a mistake, but I didn't want the box in the trunk. I wrapped the speakers in Dynamat, which is expensive.[/b]
And I am sure all that sounds MUCH better than a blose. Remember, bose is a four letter word. Great marketing though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts