Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a fascia with android radio and I thought installation can be easy, just plug and play, but I realized that it wouldn't be so easy, because my car has bose sound system.

Someone can help me with this installation?
RADIO FRONT.jpg RADIO_PLUG.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Someone to help me?? Here can I buy plug for my car with bose sound system? Or how can I connect with the plugs I have?

Please some help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently installed one myself, I have the 2004 with a Bose stereo and ran into the same trouble. The auto electrician I've been talking to has told me you need to bypass the amp for the 2004, effectively losing your bass. I'm a bit skeptical about it myself but I'm taking the car over to him tomorrow to explain it to me and if I'm okay with it, he'll wire it up. If you still need info on it I'll let you know what we did. If I do end up losing my bass I'll definitely be looking into wiring up the amp by hand or installing a custom amp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently installed one myself, I have the 2004 with a Bose stereo and ran into the same trouble. The auto electrician I've been talking to has told me you need to bypass the amp for the 2004, effectively losing your bass. I'm a bit skeptical about it myself but I'm taking the car over to him tomorrow to explain it to me and if I'm okay with it, he'll wire it up. If you still need info on it I'll let you know what we did. If I do end up losing my bass I'll definitely be looking into wiring up the amp by hand or installing a custom amp.
That it would be great. Please share as much as you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To make it short you basically have to wire rca Jack's to the speaker wires from the factory harness. So rca on LF, RF, RR, LR. Then those rca Jack's plug into the rca output on the back of the android headunit. The factory wires are line outputs to the factory amp, so they essentially send signals instead of sound. So if you clip the wire harness wires and wire to rca Jack's, plug into the rca output on the headunit, you will have sound and keep your bass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shit I forgot all about this I'm sorry.
Apparently I had a direct connection for my cambus to connect my amp. I'd recommend taking the car to an auto-electrician that does car stereos and get them to do it, you'll stress yourself out far less. If it's easier to wire up straight to the amp, then do that, trust me it's worth it to avoid a hassle, the bose speakers already sound incredible even without a subwoofer(mine still works but oddly enough the subwoofer channel in settings doesn't control it only speaker low) and the pre-amp in the stereo is far more powerful than the stock.

The only problem I have with my stereo is an audio glitch where I sometimes get no audio whatsoever unless I use the radio app(which I've since deleted, fuck that thing) however using the radio also causes the problem to persist.

I don't yet have a fix for it but if I do I'll make sure to come back here with the solution(I'll make a note this time lol).

04Speedracer6 is spot on with how to bypass the amp so take his advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts