Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I recently upgraded the sound system in my 2015 6 touring. I read through most all of the audio threads here and upon recommendation I purchased the 9" Smart Rover head unit from AliExpress that many of you have installed. I tried posting a link to the unit but unfortunately my post count isn't high enough to submit posts with links.

Anyway, I remember seeing that some of you were able to update the firmware for this head unit. Is there any chance someone here who has gone through the process can give me details on how to go about updating the head unit? Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated. I believe the unit is running Android 6.0. If there is any info yall need on my end to help let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nvm all, I think i figured it out. I was reading through one of the old posts and it looks like guy989 listed how to update with IQ Navi firmware.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey everyone, so.....tried to update my new head unit to IQ Navi but I was unsuccessful. I was trying to follow guy989's simple steps (system > general > system update) but it seems my settings/options are different? I have attached some pics of what I'm seeing in terms of settings/options.

When I try tapping System update, nothing happens nor does any dialog box appear. When I tap MCU update I do get a dialog boxing asking if I want to update but I don't want to mess with that as I'm unsure if it's the same thing as updating the system. Any chance someone here can help me out or give me advice on updating to IQ Navi 0.1.25?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts