Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at best buy and I got this last night based on another thread that said the Audi Ice link worked:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1124432782471

We dont have the ice link ones anymore, but I thought that it should work. the other alternative is the one for asian cars that only has the tribute and a mazda truck on it.

Im getting it installed tomorrow morning, so I guess Ill find out then anyway. I hear they sound awesome

joe

·
Registered
108 Posts
keep me posted brother! i need more tunes in my ride.... these damn 6 cds aint cutting it. i asked mazda how much for the only option i didnt get ( the sat radio) they told me 800 buks.. lol please lets us know what u find...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Why are you spending up to $199 to connect your iPod when there's a $120 alternative that you can buy here (use $20 discount code in link below) that offers pretty much the same features? I have this installed in my MS6.

Here's an old thread with pics

Click this link for additional info, which has discounts, how to install, etc. Some of the feature descriptions in that thread are old, and superceded by the latest info on rpmstore's website.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've also got the AudioLink from Falcontx @ RPM- works great & only $120. the install into my '06 MS6 took me about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why are you spending up to $199 to connect your iPod when there's a $120 alternative that you can buy here (use $20 discount code in link below) that offers pretty much the same features? I have this installed in my MS6.

Here's an old thread with pics

Click this link for additional info, which has discounts, how to install, etc. Some of the feature descriptions in that thread are old, and superceded by the latest info on rpmstore's website.
[/b]
why did you say that it's a great product and it's available to buy unlike the the group buy one

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why are you spending up to $199 to connect your iPod when there's a $120 alternative that you can buy
[/b]
well, since I work at best buy I get it for $100.

joe

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
a little off subject:
joe, be wary of anything you purchase from BBY as an employee. they won't honor PSP/PRP when you are no longer an employee. i've been F'd by BBY about a half dozen times, including TV, in-dash radio, car speakers, etc. all junk i bought as an employee with PSP. junk broke after i left the company, and now BBY won't honor PSP. i've spoke with stores & corporate and they say they don't have to honor PSPs bought at a discount for people no longer employed by the company.

needless to say i no longer shop at best buy. as a stock holder i appreciate their ability to fuck over employees in the name of higher returns! as a PSP holder i feel just plain fucked over.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Uh the Auxmod does the same thing and only costs $60...why spend $120?

auxmod

Works great for my Sirius and my mp3 players

Edit: Doh! never mind i see that you can control the i-pod through the stereo controls...auxmod doesnt do that

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, We failed. The Euro adapters didnt work nor did the Asian ones. My installer called the company that makes the adapters I tried and they said its "in production" so in 3 years, we will finally have it!

The Ice connect ipod adapters went "send back" which means they couldnt sell them so we sent them back to the company for a refund or somthing like that, so there are NONE anywhere, sucks.

As I look at some that you all have posted, I DEFINATELY want one that will be able to be controlled by the steering wheel and NOT be analog (headphone jack) hookup. I want the dock port.

Any alternatives under $150 and availible NOW?

thanks.

Oh, and BTW, I am very leary of the PSP/PRP stuff now, I almost dont ever buy it unless I know for a FACT they will just exchange it without sending it away, that takes forever.

joe

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I can understand wanting the steering wheel controls, that is a sweet feature but let me tell you the audio quality with the Auxmod and a ground loop isolator (to get rid of alternator feedback) is superb. The music over Sirius is CD quality and there is even no volume difference in switching from CD to Sirius and back.

So I'd say if you have to wait 3 years before the steering controls one then get yourself an Auxmod for now and enjoy your ipod.

Also, the losses you obtain from listening out of a stereo jack are just about the same as the loss from going from CD to MP3.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The iPod audiolink is only backordered until mid-April. You can't wait 2 weeks? Though the auxmod and audiolink sound quality is the same, the audio link functionality will far exceed the auxmod for iPod integration.

The auxmod is great for any other audio in (such as playstation, generic MP3 player, satellite radio, etc.)

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm glad I came upon this thread. I was thinking of buying the auxmod.

Having the ability to control the ipod through the steering wheel controls would be awesome. I'm so getting it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, I love the audio link from RPM,

BUT I dont think it will be long enough to sit in the center console (not the cupholder) and be able to be pulled out to watch a movie or somthing for the passenger.

Dang, I hope I can find one, or maybe an extension cable.

joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
jholman
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing