Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can we get one? I've looked, albeit briefly, in the manual and have not seen where to order an updated DVD. With all the construction here in Austin (especially around the SH45 tollway, 620, and Ben White Blvd) the maps don't even come close to being accurate - usually shows me off in the parkland - LOL. Anyone know offhand where/how to order a new DVD?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I hear ya. All this construction around here is rendering our current maps rather worthless. Our nav unit is manufactured by Denso and the maps are by Navteq. You can get updated maps directly from navteq.com and clicking on "map updates". Unfortunately, there isn't an update yet.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I hear ya. All this construction around here is rendering our current maps rather worthless. Our nav unit is manufactured by Denso and the maps are by Navteq. You can get updated maps directly from navteq.com and clicking on "map updates". Unfortunately, there isn't an update yet.
[/b]
And from the looks of it they don't update very often.

I've had the nav send me on routes through school parking lots and such. uh... I guess that's ONE way to get there...

·
Registered
493 Posts
This was the second reason I didn't get the Nav system. None of the dealers I talked to could tell me what the updates would cost or how/when they'd be available. It left me with the impression that this system would be a dinosaur when it came time to sell the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think I read somewhere that they are updated and mailed out every 2 years. The version that is out now is about a year old, so I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not sure if this would be related, but I work for a Lexus dealer and the nav updates come out about every 16 months. We charge $275 for the software by its self!!! :irate:

I hear other non luxury brands like Nissan charge $200 for theirs, so I wouldn't be surprised to find Mazda about the same, as the database is typically from Fujitsu or Nippon Denso regardless or brand, as you may have guessed most vehicle electronics are outsourced by all OEM manufactures.

Best thing to do for those who have not yet purchased their MS6 with nav, negotiate the next update into the selling price or at the very least to buy it at dealer cost!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure if this would be related, but I work for a Lexus dealer and the nav updates come out about every 16 months. We charge $275 for the software by its self!!! :irate:

I hear other non luxury brands like Nissan charge $200 for theirs, so I wouldn't be surprised to find Mazda about the same, as the database is typically from Fujitsu or Nippon Denso regardless or brand, as you may have guessed most vehicle electronics are outsourced by all OEM manufactures.

Best thing to do for those who have not yet purchased their MS6 with nav, negotiate the next update into the selling price or at the very least to buy it at dealer cost!
[/b]
back from the 3 day weekend :) Yeah, my salesman wasn't willing/able to give me any info, either. Sounds like could be a costly update if mazda does roll like Lexus or Nissan.

Oh well, it works well for most areas, just around all this construction it's a bit frustrating for a 2K option!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts