Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall in a previous post, a rumor was floating about a delay of the '6 until Februaryish. MazdaUsa's site now officially reads

"Introducing the all-new Mazda 6

Coming this December"

:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Update on US Release Date'

Mazda USA's website has declared that all along. Since the Mazda6 pages were opened... And the fact that they've not taken that away seems to point to a kind of probability that it will arrive then.

But.

And it's a big but. (one t only in but!)

When they talk about "arrive" that usually means when the car is launched and appear in showrooms. If you go there day 1 and order your car, it may very well be january or february until you get it (unless your dealer already has fifty sixes in his yard, and you just have to pick one of those...)

Hope I'm not disturbing your night sleep by writing this...:sarc

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by Steve 6er

When they talk about "arrive" that usually means when the car is launched and appear in showrooms. If you go there day 1 and order your car, it may very well be january or february until you get it  
Hope I'm not disturbing your night sleep by writing this...:sarc[/b]
NO! December is December. It means December first. The full wave of '6's will be on the lot on December first.

You didn't disturb my sleep, I didn't read this until this morning. I may be disturbed had I not known December means DECEMBER FIRST.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

When they talk about "arrive" that usually means when the car is launched and appear in showrooms. If you go there day 1 and order your car, it may very well be january or february until you get it  
Hope I'm not disturbing your night sleep by writing this...:sarc[/b]
NO! December is December. It means December first. The full wave of '6's will be on the lot on December first.

You didn't disturb my sleep, I didn't read this until this morning. I may be disturbed had I not known December means DECEMBER FIRST.[/b][/quote]

Haha...born optimist, hey? That's a good thing!!!

(but may bring one or two surprises in life...:sarc )

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hey guys, when I go to Mazdausa.com to look at the Mazda6 stuff, all I see are pictures of the hatchback! Does this mean the hatchback will be released at the same time as the sedan? Also, the Road & Track preview for 2003 lists the Mazda6 as both a 4 door and a 5 door for 2003. Pardon me for drooling, if this is true!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The official word I got from Mazda was December for the sedan, and the hatch and wagon around June. But that was a couple of months ago.

I, as much as anyone, would love to see the hatch hit as soon as possible.

·
Registered
58 Posts

And remember, to have all the 6s on the lot December 1st means they really need to be there on November 30th.

And since November 30th is a Saturday, they probably should be there on November 29th.

Oh I'll be waiting in my lawn chair next to Applejax to make sure that I'm test driving on DECEMBER 1st! DO YOU HEAR ME MAZDA? DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, BECAUSE i WILL!.

In fact, I think we should organize a march around Mazda USA's headquarters to demand that the 6 be released early. I bet we'd at least get on the L.A. news stations. Maybe even get a free MazdaSpeed jacket or something. Who's with me?

MM

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Boys, boys...I know you desperately want your sixes (just as me). But...how about actually getting the president of Mazda USA on the phone and have a word with him - first??? :D

C

·
0 Posts

Originally posted by iceman

Hey guys, when I go to Mazdausa.com to look at the Mazda6 stuff, all I see are pictures of the hatchback!  Does this mean the hatchback will be released at the same time as the sedan?  Also, the Road & Track preview for 2003 lists the Mazda6 as both a 4 door and a 5 door for 2003.  Pardon me for drooling, if this is true![/b]
Hello,

Most of the pics on the MazdaUSA site are actually of the sedan. I don't know what you're seeing, but it's definitely the sedan. As far as I know, Mazda still claims the hatch will arrive next summer.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Let me rephrase that...

Originally posted by applejax

I, as much as anyone, would love to see the hatch hit as soon as possible.  [/b]
I, as much as anyone, would like to see the hatch hit as soon as possible, up to the point where I purchase my car. If the hatch is not released by this point, it shall not be released at all. If I cannot have one, nobody else should be allowed to, either.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Boys, boys...I know you desperately want your sixes (just as me). But...how about actually getting the president of Mazda USA on the phone and have a word with him - first??? :D[/b]
That's not as much fun as putting on sandwich boards and parading around Mazda's headquarters shouting, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8...WHERE'S THE 6??"

MM

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MightyMazda

Boys, boys...I know you desperately want your sixes (just as me). But...how about actually getting the president of Mazda USA on the phone and have a word with him - first??? :D[/b]
That's not as much fun as putting on sandwich boards and parading around Mazda's headquarters shouting, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8...WHERE'S THE 6??"

MM[/b][/quote]

Hmmm...I think I got to agree. That was a fun one!!:D

W

·
0 Posts

Anybody want to see a 1000 hp Mazda Sport 6 FWD drag car that should complete the 1/4 mile in the high 7 second range at near 190 mph?

This special car will be turbo/methanol powered by the Mazda I4 (Duratec 2.3) and will debut at the SEMA Convention in Las Vegas, NV in the MAZDASPEED booth. If you are in the area Nov 5-8th make sure you check it out.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No worries. Just had that feeling that I was about to read the same message in thread after thread...don't like when that happens...:D

Anyway. Are you going yourself or are you involved in the show somehow?

W

·
0 Posts

I will be there and I am the builder of the car working with Mazdaspeed.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by wickdkid77

I will be there and I am the builder of the car working with Mazdaspeed.  [/b]
Cool. Is it your car, and where did you get it? Japan? Mazda USA? Tell us more!

You know, having said "A", you gotta say "B" too...;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts