Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke to my dealer today about the grilles. He told me that the sport grille was not meant for any other market than Japan.

Actually, it isn't sold in Europe at all. But, there's an exactly similar grille produced in Germany for the European market. So you can have the looks, only that the part isn't a Mazda original...

Don't ask me why. This sounds stupid. The echo of Henry Ford's "you can have any color as long as you choose black" is ringing in my ears. Giving the customers the possibility to "build" the car according to their own preferences and taste increases sale. Every single day!

It's so dum!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Update on sport grille'

Should be a pretty easy thing to have an aftermarket shop order from Japan if we really want the original.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by AliAL

Should be a pretty easy thing to have an aftermarket shop order from Japan if we really want the original.[/b]
That too:D

·
Registered
86 Posts

HI,

Do you guys mean the sports grille like the one in the picture above?

I just got mine in Strato Blue last week from Mazda Singapore. :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by Matt

Last weekend, I saw a SportBreak with that Sport Grille...[/b]
Probably the one made in Germany, then...:D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

probably...it was a demo at a dealer. I couldn't see the car upclose. We were driving past it, so I asked my mom if see could drive to it (I had the digital camera with me) but she thought it was nonsense....:( And she was buzy in a 'race' with another car (Vectra stationwagon; we won!) haha

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I think this picture illustrates how much better the sports grill makes the car look. Of course the car on the right has extra body kitting.. but don't focus on that ok :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Call me boring, but I think the original grille is best looking...

Before you kill me :)sarc ) let me explain.

When I first saw this car, the sport grille looked more appealing to me. I thought "wow", but in the long run it feels a bit too much for me. I'm not eighteen anymore :)( ) and I have customers that I have to visit and during those moments it's not too bad to try and maintain a certain image. (And it has nothing to do with speed...)

Don't get me wrong. I love the sport grille, but it's not for me. Anyway, my dealer said - why not have both? It's only 2 screws and you swap in just a minute. :)

I have to consider that...:D

·
Registered
350 Posts

I don't like the sport grill at all, something between original and sport would be nice.
Maybe som nice titanium square-net?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by junkan

I don't like the sport grill at all, something between original and sport would be nice.
Maybe som nice titanium square-net?[/b]
My dealer told me there is a chrome bar that you fit into the original grille that was pretty nice (but expensive).

My dealer said all aftermarket parts (goodies) for the 6 were yet very expensive. He sounded displeased with this, since he understood it would mean very little aftermarket sales...

·
Registered
350 Posts

I even like the original front bumper better than the aero but it's a shame that it's not possible to get those nice fog lamps with the original bumper.

Side skirts and rear aero bumper is however really nice.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yes, but the integrated fog lights make the fog lights in the bumper unnecessary (practically speaking, that is)...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I think I am liking it...It makes the grill look more narrow and takes the excessive chrome out.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I guess it depends on the colour of the car. The lighter ones will go well with the chrome on the original grille, while I find the colour co-ordinated sports grille looks better in the darker colour cars.:D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by CHY

I guess it depends on the colour of the car. The lighter ones will go well with the chrome on the original grille, while I find the colour co-ordinated sports grille looks better in the darker colour cars.:D[/b]
Interesting concept...Does anyone have photos of this grill on different colors?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

You have this car in yellow in the head of the page...in white in "This lady looks good in white" in the images part of the forum, and in titanium grey in "Good news for canadian" in the Atenza forum.

I think I sort of agree with CHY, but I still prefer the standard grille...:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts