Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some wheels and tires from Victoria Tire. The tires were supposed to be Falken ST-115 but instead they sent Falken FK-451. Should I be pissed or what? Should I just keep them or should I make them send the right ones?

Please comment!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered some wheels and tires from Victoria Tire. The tires were supposed to be Falken ST-115 but instead they sent Falken FK-451. Should I be pissed or what? Should I just keep them or should I make them send the right ones?

Please comment!
[/b]
Both are decent tires. The ST-115 is supposedly a very quiet tire and also has a higher treadwear rating than the FK-451. But I think the FK's probably have a slight edge in handling performance. So, it depends on what you value more.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are decent tires. The ST-115 is supposedly a very quiet tire and also has a higher treadwear rating than the FK-451. But I think the FK's probably have a slight edge in handling performance. So, it depends on what you value more.
[/b]

Yeah thats just the thing, I got the ST-115s because I liked that they were quiet!

·
Registered
32 Posts

Please comment!
[/b]
Hell ya you should be pissed! Get what you paid for. Damn I woulnd't let anyone dick me over like that!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
you should get the tire you paid for. dont settle for anything less. you did the research already they shouldnt just veto it and give you whatver tire they want.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I finally got back ahold of Victoria Tire and talked to the "boss". I explained the situation and he was like "so". He said, "Well you still got the same brand right?" I then explained that I was looking for the certain advantages the one tire had over the other (mainly the quietness). He said he didn't see how it was worth it and that he would lose money. Well I got pissed but still kept calm. He ended up transfering me to the saleman who sold me the rims. I explained the situation to him and he said the tire I ordered was discontinued. I told him that I should have been told that instead of getting a tire I didn't order. Well I finally got them to agree to take it back, but I said I would let them know something soon.

My question to you is, should I just keep these? I mean is there that big of a difference between these tires to have to go through the ordeal of sending them back? Also, did the Falken ST-115 get discontinued? Plus I got a discount on the whole package, so the difference between the tire prices is not really a big deal to me. I honestly would rather not have to send them back, but if the tire I got doesn't compare to the one I wanted at all then I WILL definately send them back. It would just be easier to keep them though.

Any suggestions that could help me make the right decision would definately be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I finally got back ahold of Victoria Tire and talked to the "boss". I explained the situation and he was like "so". He said, "Well you still got the same brand right?"
[/b]
That's BS. Send em back and take your business somewhere else that actually cares about customers.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
u should have negotiated ....
[/b]

Apparently you have never dealt with a company like this before, I have. I will be lucky if I don't lose money on this whole situation, let alone actually get what I want. Getting the wrong tire really didn't make me mad because I still got a good tire and no matter what tire I got I still got a discount. But I don't like the way I was treated and I definately don't recommend Victoria Tire to anybody looking for wheels or tires!

I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of sending these back especially since I don't trust this company to give me a full refund! I can understand sending these back if they had given me a crappy tire but I still got a good tire.

How would you have me negotiate with them, Im curious?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Actually I did contact Victoria tires when shopping for wheels+tires package.
One talk with "professional advice guru" was enough to turn me off.

He was recommending a +42 ET "guaranteed" not to rub on the mz6s on 18". I asked him to send +48 ET and he says that he connot guarantee that offset not to rub!!!!!

[/b]
look man, if I send those tires back, it is going to cost you shipping charges back & forth.
Let us make life easy for both of us. Give me a discount and I am willing to live with what you sent me.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would AT LEAST try to break even if not receive at least return on the shiiping YOU paid to get the tire to your door in the first place, be it so that they were wrong.

Fight them every step of the way, companies like that are not easy to deal with nor will they ever be.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Apparently you have never dealt with a company like this before, I have. I will be lucky if I don't lose money on this whole situation, let alone actually get what I want. Getting the wrong tire really didn't make me mad because I still got a good tire and no matter what tire I got I still got a discount. But I don't like the way I was treated and I definately don't recommend Victoria Tire to anybody looking for wheels or tires!

I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of sending these back especially since I don't trust this company to give me a full refund! I can understand sending these back if they had given me a crappy tire but I still got a good tire.

[/b]
If you're alright with keeping what they gave you, I'd just save the time and hassle of doing the whole refund thing. Like you said, it's not as if you got something that was inferior (i.e. the tires are pretty comparable) and you definitely don't want to be out of pocket. But, I would send them a letter, email, etc describing the whole situation. Tell them that you did not feel you were treated well as a customer. Make it known that you will not be making any future purchases there and that you're an active member of car enthusiast forums and will be sharing your buying experience (as you've already done with this post :) )with others. I'm a believer that word-of-mouth can help or hurt a business. If I've been screwed over, sure I want some recourse but sometimes it's not worth the time and money. I'll get my satisfaction knowing that others will not be giving any future business to them. When I post my experience, I just post the facts and let others draw their own conclusions instead of say "XYZ are scums" (even though they are :) ).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Honestly I will probably just keep these tires as I do not want to go through the hassle of waiting or dealing with this company anymore. At least now some of you know that dealing with Victoria Tire may not be a good route when looking to purchase wheels or tires.

Thanks for all the feedback!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
9 Participants
kain
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing