Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have experence with apexcone HID kits? I want HID but am iffy about removing the Up reflector and since the apexcone isn't as bright as the Xtec, maybe the removal isnt needed? or what if I went higher K like 6000 rather than 5000 or 4000 since the lumens go down with the higher K rating. I have done searching and cant find a strait answer as to if the up reflector is worth removing or might cause other problems with light dispersion. IE not being able to see over-head signs at night. your help is appreciated, as I want to order the lights soon If I can get some freakin answers (the search bar isnt working for me and keeps saying there is an error... :swearin:) . thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, but I dont have the fog light option. I just want to see the signs above the cut off and not blind oncoming traffic. any body else have experence with HID and not doing the upbeam reflector deleat? have any problems w/police or flashing?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i was just making a point that even my puny foglights will light up signs overhead. if you go with more lumens with you HID you are going to make it brighter. do your stock halogens light up signs? :yesnod: well, HIDs are going to be brighter, thus ligthing up signs.

one of the main reasons the removal of the plate is there is because it throws out a nasty glare. do a search for mmarfan plate delete mod. he has pictures in his post.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
i believe the thread by mmarfan is a pinned topic in electrical section...

and btw, if you wanna see signs ABOVE the cutoff, you glare oncoming traffic... the reason for cutoff is that no light SHOULD go above the CUTOFF.... just FYI.... lol.. sorry for the capslock..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing