Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Mazda 6

2008 model - i believe GH (well the newer one)

Its nearly a month now but i left it parked for a week and when i went back the car wouldnt open using keyless unlock feature. I believe this was due to the battery in the car as the previously had the jump start.

Tried to unlock using the key but that doesnt turn. the car only has one door key hole (not even boot) unless i missed something.

Is there any other way of opening it? Before i smash the window

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would try spraying some penetrating oil into the key hole and work the key in and out 1st then try to rotate it. Have a rag handy because you don't want the oil on the paint.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't like using oils in locks, oil eventually dries causing issues. I prefer graphite, it is a great lubricant for those little pins, just scratch a pencil on a piece of paper and then carefully push the graphite dust into the lock using the key.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, go with the graphite if you can. You can also get little tubes of the stuff that you can use to "blow" the graphite into the lock.

Also, have you tried the trunk? If that unlocks, you can lower the seats and crawl through far enough to unlock the door of your choice... Hopefully no one is watching... ;)

·
Rally Racer
1,750 Posts
Yeah, go with the graphite if you can. You can also get little tubes of the stuff that you can use to "blow" the graphite into the lock.
Agreed. But, if it is not working then any means possible to get in is acceptable, even if it means flooding with petrol distillates.

Also, have you tried the trunk? If that unlocks, you can lower the seats and crawl through far enough to unlock the door of your choice... Hopefully no one is watching... ;)
Can you lower the seat from the trunk? I had to do this for 6 months (until I finally just pulled out the damaged pins from the lock cylinder) after someone tried to break into my Corolla wagon. Hope no one is looking indeed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey everyone appreciate the replies

1) - will try wd40 (im assuming thats what you meant by penetrating oil)
2) - waiting 2 days wont solve it - ive waited nearly 2 months now
3) - i dont believe theres a lock on my trunk (usually only see the car at night) - if there is where is it???

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
Nirmal Sridharan
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing