Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I sent a message to Unichip urging them to look into creating a chip for the other models of Mazda 6 besides the 3.0L. Today I received an email back from Aaron Griffin at Unichip saying that they do have a chip available for our models but that you would need to have it hard wired and tuned, and that it would probably cost the same thing as if you had purchased the plug-n-play version after all the install and tuning.
So for those of you looking for some more HP, there you have it! The quality and reputation of Unichip for your model 6! I sent him another email asking if they were working on a plug-n-play aswell and the ETA for that. When I get more info I'll let you guys know! :drool:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah i think you can put them on any car, but it HAS to be dyno tuned because they will send you one without any maps or anything. I would think it would cost more if you had to have it installed and dyno tuned, dyno time isnt cheap. If they make a PnP I would love to get it, otherwise....meh lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! That is true. I am going to make some calls and see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
any map for the fujita CAI as well? :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping that by the time I get headers and CP-E MAFCI there will be a PnP available. It would be nice to be close to 200 hp before turbo kit install.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
couple things...

first, if a turbo is in your future at all, please stay away from cp-e, it's just waisting cash you could be saving for the turbo (or the other crap involved). the only gain from cp-e is the lack of CEL, and the turbo will make that pretty pointless.

2nd thing is, make sure anyone thinking about this looks for a local Unichip tuner, as you can't just take it to any dyno shop.

...as usual, these are just my opinions

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yep^^^... the gains for cpe for our 4-cyl. are not that much of a gain IMO for that cash, i'd rather get something else.. but then again.... IMO..

by the way ,isnt this thread supposed to be in the 2.3L 4-cyl subforum?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
couple things...

first, if a turbo is in your future at all, please stay away from cp-e, it's just waisting cash you could be saving for the turbo (or the other crap involved). the only gain from cp-e is the lack of CEL, and the turbo will make that pretty pointless.

2nd thing is, make sure anyone thinking about this looks for a local Unichip tuner, as you can't just take it to any dyno shop.
...as usual, these are just my opinions
[/b]
Yeah.. Otherwise you end up like me. Waisting almost $500 on the Cp-e LoL.... Just to hear soon have it all sitting in a corner lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Very Interesting, does this show performance places have noticed the potential of this family sedan?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts