Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my understanding the cpe tunable maf custimizer only adjust air/fuel ratios, where as the unichip does that and a whole lot more. They both look great so does anyone have any input?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dude Dabears2k....give me a break man. He just wants our opinion. He isn't looking for a thread talking about who has a unichip. I assume he may have done some limited research on his own, now he is just looking for others opinion.It would be one thing if you were a mod, but your just a well read and knowledgeable 6 owner. You may have experience but your just like the rest of us...

In response to your question Jaybo. It depends what you plan to do with the unit. Obviously like you said Unichip is a much more indepth system (also more expensive). So it all depends on the usage. If your trying to tune with say...a turbo or something then obviously unichip is the only semi choosable option. However, if your just looking to tinker a little with the cars tuning and pull a few extra horses out then the tuneable maf is your game...If your planning on doing anything large like Headers (assuming you have the 6s) then i don't think Unichip would be a bad option, however it is a tad pricy if all your gonna have is an intake and an exaust or some other small upgrades.....like...um...an intake? I have heard all you can do is choose between 2 base patterns on the basic chip. Wait a while. Atom says that a new chip is commin out that "will run the whole car"...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude Dabears2k....give me a break man. He just wants our opinion. He isn't looking for a thread talking about who has a unichip. I assume he may have done some limited research on his own, now he is just looking for others opinion.It would be one thing if you were a mod, but your just a well read and knowledgeable 6 owner. You may have experience but your just like the rest of us...

In response to your question Jaybo. It depends what you plan to do with the unit. Obviously like you said Unichip is a much more indepth system (also more expensive). So it all depends on the usage. If your trying to tune with say...a turbo or something then obviously unichip is the only semi choosable option. However, if your just looking to tinker a little with the cars tuning and pull a few extra horses out then the tuneable maf is your game...If your planning on doing anything large like Headers (assuming you have the 6s) then i don't think Unichip would be a bad option, however it is a tad pricy if all your gonna have is an intake and an exaust or some other small upgrades.....like...um...an intake? I have heard all you can do is choose between 2 base patterns on the basic chip. Wait a while. Atom says that a new chip is commin out that "will run the whole car"...
[/b]
Hey thanks for your indepth input, On the uni-chip website it said somthing about tuning ignition timing, now if i upgrade my spark plugs and get msd ignition isnt that something i want to tune as well as intake and header-back exhaust?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

[/b]

dabears is well read and knowledgable?

HAHAH

For right now the CPE is probably a better bet. Plus it looks like this thing only lets you have like 2 maps. And I am not sure if you can change them yourself... DIdnt see that info on the site..

·
Registered
476 Posts
the unichip for a '03 quoted (w/AEM CAI) 27 hp at the wheels i think, check their website. better than CPE IMO. cost a little more though. I may be bias... they are made in Hillsboro, OR about 30min away fom me. :love:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well you won't catch me defending Dabears ever...im not gonna drop down a level when talkin to him. And he does know a fair amount....and lets everyone know he knows....

While that may be an option or a road you can take, it may not be possible with the current Unichip setup. Apparently (now this is only from information gathered from basically one person) you can't really "tune" with the unichip yourself. You just choose between two preloaded base patterns. I assume you can take it to a Unichip dealer and have it custom tuned, but you will definitly want to do more research on that yourself. Not many people are very well versed in Unichip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dabears is well read and knowledgable?
HAHAH

For right now the CPE is probably a better bet. Plus it looks like this thing only lets you have like 2 maps. And I am not sure if you can change them yourself... DIdnt see that info on the site..
[/b]
looks like you may be right, but the unichip site did go in depth on their FAQ page, everytime you add a mod you take it to a tunner and reprogram the car for full potential, and stated it only had two different maps w/ a toggle switch, they used an example: run one for full performance across all RPM's w/91+ octane, or semi-performance for economy. But I also like what I read about the upcoming CP-E wideband controller, CPE kicks ass when it comes to research and development for the mazda6.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
the unichip for a '03 quoted (w/AEM CAI) 27 hp at the wheels i think, check their website. better than CPE IMO. cost a little more though. I may be bias... they are made in Hillsboro, OR about 30min away fom me. :love: [/b]

Unichip is? Really? I did not know that! That's good to know if/when I decide to go performance crazy on my 6.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
lethal6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing