Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 sedan with a V6 and I’ve been looking for the front under engine cover or splash shield to protect the oil pan and other components. In my search, i’ve learned that Mazda never made an undercover for the V6 models but only for the four-cylinder models which I thought was silly. So I’m wondering. Will the undercover for the four cylinder models fit under my V-6?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Keep in mind that maybe there isn't one for a reason, like to help keep the engine temperature down. A V6 generates more heat than an I4.
I had an I4 before and absolutely hated having to remove the engine cover to change to oil... or to rescue bolts and tools that fell off my hands.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Keep in mind that maybe there isn't one for a reason, like to help keep the engine temperature down. A V6 generates more heat than an I4.
I had an I4 before and absolutely hated having to remove the engine cover to change to oil... or to rescue bolts and tools that fell off my hands.
That is indeed a nuisance! I can't imagine dropping a bolt and you can't see it on ground so your only choice is the look at the engine bay.

However, I want a cover so to avoid water splashing. Particularly, the serpentine belt will somehow pick up the water and splashing it inside the hood. I know it's minimal but I want the bonnet clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts