Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am undecided on getting a CAI or exhaust, so I ask members to help me out if you do not mind please state why. I am only getting one at this time I have very expensive month, mothers day, wife birthday and sons birthday

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'd say CAI. I just put the CP-E on mine last weekend, and I love it. If your running the stock setup your missing out on a whole lot of sound. It's not a loud sound (if your worried about that), it's just enough so that if I turn the radio off I can hear the turbo spool and the BOV let loose. As far as exhaust systems go, I'm waiting to see if something good actually comes out. I know CP-E is making a turbo back, but I haven't heard if they still plan on making it a single exhaust out the back. Most people think its trivial, but I really want two tips out the back to fill in the skirt ports. It's just a personal thing.... I want style over performance (but they are close).

·
Registered
856 Posts
I would say CAI, that should hold you over until turbo-back setups come out. Thats why I am holding out on getting an exhaust setup.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANX and how in the hell do i post i pictures, i am doing something wrong thanx again

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
anthony got back to me today. they are developing a 3" downpipe and 3" single muffler exhaust that uses the existing tips or tip so it doesnt look awkward with the stock valance. u will also have a choice to go straight pipe or high flow cat. he said to expect dyno's next week.

·
Registered
595 Posts
anthony got back to me today. they are developing a 3" downpipe and 3" single muffler exhaust that uses the existing tips or tip so it doesnt look awkward with the stock valance. u will also have a choice to go straight pipe or high flow cat. he said to expect dyno's next week.
[/b]

does anthony work at CP-E? Sorry, not familiar with individual names from the companies. Also, when you say single muffler, do mean it is going to be just going to one side of the car - or one single muffler before the Y-pipe? I hope there is a Y-pipe in that I am one of the people who want to have the exhaust going to both sides to keep the exhaust coming out both sides when it is cold out. I know its stupid, and would weigh and cost more....but I want what I want. Hopefully they might come out with that option.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Anthony is one of the 3 people that work at CPE.

The single muffler means that it will only come out 1 side. CPE makes performance parts, not asthetic parts. If you want the most performance, then you get the single tip exhaust because it will save weight and there is no need for 2 tips.

If you want looks and no gain in performance, get a magnaflow.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
After just talking to Josh and Anthony, it appears they might run a single muffler, then split to two outlets at the end. This would give the least amount of weight penalty and still allow dual outlets for those concerned with plumes of steam.
[/b]

Well then. That is certainly a change from before, but still good news that a turboback is in the works

·
Registered
856 Posts
Eh, it is all about blood, sweat, and tears when working on a car
[/b]
As long as these fluids stay out of my interior, its all good!!

I would definately go with a single muffler dual outlet setup, can't say the same about single outlet.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would definately go with a single muffler dual outlet setup, can't say the same about single outlet.
[/b]
Ditto

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
jsehlms
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing