Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all had the totally cool moments that come with owning the 6, I think my favorite so far was watching a guy crossing the street stumble over the curb because he was staring so hard at my 6. Back in the day nothing short of a woman would make a dude get that into something.
But now I am curious to see if anyone else has had any uncool moments yet. I managed to have two in one day. Some idiot blonde in a VW Jetta of all things pulled out from a side street and came within INCHES of hitting my front left quarter panel. If it hadn't been for the 11" hams the 6 has for brakes it would be on its way to the body shop right now. Even after I blew my horn and slammed on brakes she never even saw me. The other uncool moment was at the stoplight drag race a few hours later. A beat up 1990's something Honda CRX came pretty close to leaving me far behind. I have the AT version of the 6, he obviously had a stick, by the time he hit 3rd all I saw was exhaust. The car in front of him kept it from getting too embarassing.

Anyone else have uncool moments they'd like to share?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: Uncool Mazda 6 moments....

A guy stumbling off the curb is a BAD moment? Hell, unless he had a meeting with a car coming his way & impending doom, I think that'd be funny as all hell.

The day I'm driving my car home, I'm going down a 6 lane highway service road (3 each way); and there's some woman in a sentra going about 15MPH in the middle lane. I'm going about 40 MPH (the limit) in the left lane, catching up to her, and we hit the intersection about the same time. Without her signal, proceeds to make a turn from the middle lane, coming inches from my car. When we got to the next light, I got out, stood in front of her car, and told her off in a way that not only made my father cringe, but made her cry. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Uncool Mazda 6 moments....'

Originally posted by Entropism

A guy stumbling off the curb is a BAD moment?  Hell, unless he had a meeting with a car coming his way & impending doom, I think that'd be funny as all hell.

The day I'm driving my car home, I'm going down a 6 lane highway service road (3 each way); and there's some woman in a sentra going about 15MPH in the middle lane.  I'm going about 40 MPH (the limit) in the left lane, catching up to her, and we hit the intersection about the same time.  Without her signal, proceeds to make a turn from the middle lane, coming inches from my car.  When we got to the next light, I got out, stood in front of her car, and told her off in a way that not only made my father cringe, but made her cry.  :D[/b]
Diesel said that the guy tripping over the curb was a cool moment, not a bad one.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

A guy stumbling off the curb is a BAD moment?  Hell, unless he had a meeting with a car coming his way & impending doom, I think that'd be funny as all hell.

The day I'm driving my car home, I'm going down a 6 lane highway service road (3 each way); and there's some woman in a sentra going about 15MPH in the middle lane.  I'm going about 40 MPH (the limit) in the left lane, catching up to her, and we hit the intersection about the same time.  Without her signal, proceeds to make a turn from the middle lane, coming inches from my car.  When we got to the next light, I got out, stood in front of her car, and told her off in a way that not only made my father cringe, but made her cry.  :D[/b]
That suits her well!!!! Damn holiday drivers!:sarc

·
Registered
231 Posts

A cool moment would be hot chicks tripping and falling through an open window to land in your lap or the passenger seat!

·
Registered
432 Posts

I have had at least 10 uncool moments in my car, most of them having something to do with idiot drivers either cutting me off or almost slamming into me.

The worst one was this old guy w/a disabled vet plate in one of those old Lincoln land yachts. Im driving down I-20 at a perfect 70 mph when he comes up behind me. Apparently he wanted to play leader of the pack, because he goes around me, slips between the tiny space between me and the car in the slow lane (almost running me off the road in the process) then proceeds to slow down to 65. Im like, this old bastard almost runs me into a ditch, just to get one car ahead of me and then slow down.

I get mad just thinking about it :sarc

·
Registered
262 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

My uncool Mazda6 moment is that I don't have a '6 yet.[/b]
Waiting for the hatchback too huh? Grr... just thinking about the waiting period gets me worked up.

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by solarbear

A cool moment would be hot chicks tripping and falling through an open window to land in your lap or the passenger seat![/b]
I hope that happens to me when i get my 6, w00t!!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Other than the typical, and *all* too common idiots on the road cutting me off, etc. I haven't had any uncool moments. And with heated seats, it has bee rather nicely warm instead of cool so far this Michigan's winter. :D

·
Registered
657 Posts

I had my first MAJOR uncool moment today, and it was my fault. I was getting into my car, and a rivet on my jeans caught the leather and put a nice scratch about 2" long on the side bolster. =( it's not noticable, but a piece is dangling a bit, maybe 1/8th of an inch.

*cries, then burns the jeans*

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I think we will all remember the first scratch we put in the paint. I had a totally uncool moment in the parking lot the other day. The lot was full and this old lady starts walking towards her mini van, so I decide to wait for her to pull out. Well 5 min later she has every door in the van open and is looking for something so I give up and drive around some more. A guy comes out and pulls off in the spot next to hers. So I ease in...all her car doors are still open mind you, and proceed to get out. As soon as I opened my door there was a loud thump as my door hit hers. I ended up being able to barely squeeze out, along with a permanent nick in my door frame. Then she has the nerve to say 'you can close that door for me if you want'. I'm so irritated and tryiing to rub the nick out I don't even answer. It's bad enough she didn't get the #[email protected]! out of the parking spot, she had to go and ruin mine as well.

(BTW; I have a personal vendetta against mini-vans, they are always driven by the slowest drivers on earth, completely block your view, usually completely trashed out, take 10min to make turns, and driven by someone who thinks they are cool by being on a cell phone in the middle of traffic....as if it's possible to be cool in a mini-van. Anyone else feel my pain?)

·
Registered
20 Posts

Originally posted by Casper 6i

I have had at least 10 uncool moments in my car, most of them having something to do with idiot drivers either cutting me off or almost slamming into me.  

The worst one was this old guy w/a disabled vet plate in one of those old Lincoln land yachts. Im driving down I-20 at a perfect 70 mph when he comes up behind me. Apparently he wanted to play leader of the pack, because he goes around me, slips between the tiny space between me and the car in the slow lane (almost running me off the road in the process) then proceeds to slow down to 65. Im like, this old bastard almost runs me into a ditch, just to get one car ahead of me and then slow down.

I get mad just thinking about it :sarc[/b]
....... what were you doing in the left lane anyway?
that's the problem with american drivers today. even if you're going the speed limit you shouldnt have been in the left lane. it should be for people that are going fast or need to use it for emergency.

·
Registered
96 Posts

I was on a business trip all last week. I knew I'd miss the car so the day before I left, I took my 6 out for some "errends" (read: pleasure cruise). Weather was clear, roads empty...sweet. Exit ramps at 90 MPH etc.

I was the furthest possible point from home when disaster struck: SNOW. It struck with a fury that will be remembered in the Chicago area for years to come. I'm not talking flurries, I'm talking a blizzard. Adding insult to injury, there were tons of salt trucks spewing crap everwhere. The horrible sound of gravel and salt bouncing off of my beautiful car reached my ears. I was pissed. I was going to have to leave it parked in my garage with about an inch of salt caked on the entire car for a week.

Luckly, I remembered that there is a car wash about a block from my house. I took it through, which must have looked a little ridiculous in a snowstorm, and drove home. I checked it out: spotless. All was right with the world again.

Secure in the knowledge that no corrosion was happening to the beautiful 6 under my watch, I set forth the next day with a clear concience.

The next day, my wife took it out again, and when I came home, there it was just as caked with salt as it had been before the wash.

I just can't win...

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You need to get your wife understand one thing: The 6 is for fun. For pleasure.

In case of snowstorm: walk!!! Take the bus!!! Crawl!!! Whatever!!! But DO NOT TOUCH THE 6!!! :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Uncool Mazda 6 moments....

Comes from a guy who probably takes his 6 out and just skids around on a icy lake up in the norh :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, no, no...every time it snows - it goes into the garage!

I was teaching the employees of a company tonight in some marketing stuff. And I had fixed so I could have my car in a garage while I was there. So I just drive from garage to garage... :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

:D Yeah garage is nice. Feels sorry for poor Kyrbymannens 6, who wanders the parking lots at night, with no place to sleep :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts