Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, yes I have searched, nothing came up that was relevant.

My back end of my car squeeks over every single little dip in the road, and it's so loud, I can hear it loud and clear when my windows are rolled up, and my g/f can hear it when she is in her car behind me. It's so loud that people turn their head (and probably laugh) when I drive by campus, lol.

I've had Tanabe GF springs, Koni shocks, and RB rear sway on the back for about a year now. What do you think could cause this? I took off the rear bumper to make sure that wasn't it, but its not, although the sound was a little more quiet. Should I take it to the dealer? Or should I try to get the place that installed the suspension parts a year ago to look at everything?

·
Registered
406 Posts
First of all, yes I have searched, nothing came up that was relevant.

My back end of my car squeeks over every single little dip in the road, and it's so loud, I can hear it loud and clear when my windows are rolled up, and my g/f can hear it when she is in her car behind me. It's so loud that people turn their head (and probably laugh) when I drive by campus, lol.

I've had Tanabe GF springs, Koni shocks, and RB rear sway on the back for about a year now. What do you think could cause this? I took off the rear bumper to make sure that wasn't it, but its not, although the sound was a little more quiet. Should I take it to the dealer? Or should I try to get the place that installed the suspension parts a year ago to look at everything?

[/b]
Dude, I have the exact problem as you. I thought it was the shocks from my old coilovers, but I put the oems back in and still have the horrible squeaking. I was told that the squeaking was coming from bushings.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Dude, I have the exact problem as you. I thought it was the shocks from my old coilovers, but I put the oems back in and still have the horrible squeaking. I was told that the squeaking was coming from bushings.
[/b]
are you the skinny asian dude in your sig? :D

·
Registered
347 Posts
i had the exact problem go to the dealer they will give u a break clip upgrade or something. its relativly painless and FREE. it fixed mine right up

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
sweet. you're running a cool site there, keep it up!
[/b]
Thanks. Glad you like it!

Bad bushings.

Common failure when going with a stiffer rear. The bushings on the top mount of the strut go bad, they get a little wiggle room, and every little dip makes them move and squeek.
[/b]

thx for confirmation on the bushings. I'll get them checked out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The front end on my car does that now after i installed the mazdaspeed springs...would it be the bushing there also? I hadnt thought about bushings, i was going to replace the shocks.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Hmm, my front end does that as well. After I installed my front Koni's and MR springs. But not all the time. Just when going from N to 1st and 1st to 2nd. Over bumps or what not it doesn't make the squishy/squeaking noise.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the dealer and you guys were right, it was the bushings. They weren't broken, they just needed to be lubed up.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah get white lithium grease.

·
Registered
810 Posts
where are the bushings again? what are bushings?

el presidente?

·
Registered
679 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts