Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2012 Mazda 6 and I am unable to lock the doors with my key fob or manually when pushing the button on the door. I have to manually lock all my doors. I replaced the battery in the key fob, but that did not help. I don't understand what is the problem, should I check the fuse box? Any suggestions, I really appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Check the fuses. It's an easy thing to overlook, and an easy thing to fix if it turns out to be the issue.

I don't know where the fuse panel(s) in your 2012 is(are) located, but the manual will tell you. Generally speaking you'll find it along the A pillar near the driver's or passenger's feet, or along the center console near the driver's or passenger's feet, or in the glove box.

There's a fuse panel under the hood, but that's not usually the one where something like the door locks will be found.

Once you find the panel, look at the inside of the plastic cover you just removed for a diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same thing happened with my 2012 mazda 6. My problem is the steering wheel detent is stuck open and will not lock. I was told to replace the entire ignition lock cylinder. I am still hoping that
something as simple as a blown fuse may be the problem.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The same thing happened with my 2012 mazda 6. My problem is the steering wheel detent is stuck open and will not lock. I was told to replace the entire ignition lock cylinder. I am still hoping that
Dont bump an old thread, especially if youre gonna comment something thats not remotely relevant. The steering wheel lock wont have anything to do with the door locks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont bump an old thread, especially if youre gonna comment something thats not remotely relevant. The steering wheel lock wont have anything to do with the door locks.
My key fob is not functioning and for your information I was told by my mechanic that I need to replace the entire ignition which includes the lock cylinder. So if you know more than my mechanic I'll stay off your precious thread. I thought this was a help thread not a criticism thread.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I am curious, what does the steering wheel has to do with the doors? Are you saying that you can't lock the doors because of the steering wheel?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Well, smarty, its bad forum etiquette to bump a years old thread, even if its relevant to your issue. You posted something that had nothing to do with the thread and then got pissy cause someone tried to educate you, THEN tried to come off as a punk by giving more info in a crappy tone. Its even in the wrong section, you have a 2nd Gen, not a 1st Gen.

If you want help, you need to provide as much info UP FRONT and then listen to any advice or criticism you face.

IF, thats your only problem, youre gonna have to replace a LOT more than just the lock cyls, cause the speedo and ECU ties into it too.

I am curious, what does the steering wheel has to do with the doors? Are you saying that you can't lock the doors because of the steering wheel?
Careful, he might get crappy with you questioning him.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Well, smarty, its bad forum etiquette to bump a years old thread, even if its relevant to your issue.
It is? I thought it is better so that information will be consolidated. I don't think it exist but I'll ask anyways, what are those forum etiquettes and where can I find it?

And I think I already know your reply.

Search the internet man!!
😀

Careful, he might get crappy with you questioning him.
I don't think so, it's an honest question.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Best explanation is in post #8 for necroing a thread (for one example), but ohers follow that with more info and other reasons. D&D 5E - Why do people care when threads get necro'd? | EN World | Dungeons & Dragons | Tabletop Roleplaying Games

There are other rules and etiquette type things like on car forum, you dont ask about oil, spark plugs and air filters till you search and come up empty. The most recent problem i think is with the software change, the older posts are being served up by search engines as relevant and the people join to ask not realizing its 15 years old and in the wrong section even.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts