Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I think it is safe to assume that the nature of the program is to "modify" and that nature is not recognized by Windows as a legitimate action. And with that, it's taken as a virus/threat.

I remember some applications I use for older versions of Windows are seen as a virus. Then there's this "Lucky Patcher" for Android and this application is seen as a "dangerous app", and is understandable.

Have you told Rafa about this?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent them a query about it and their response was that they have code in their app to detect and block attempts to fuck with it (e.g. evade their licensing), and that this was triggering it. Just thought people should know what Windows has a serious hard-on for their application and, initially auto-quarantined it (I had to manually override the block.)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I was out of town so there was a week+ delay in getting registered, but as of last night I've submitted my "base" file to them (which is the OV Tune load; I did not revert to stock first. I can, but doing so would require reloading a laptop that has been repurposed because that particular machine is the one that has the OVTune flasher and image files on it, and its been repurposed.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts