Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the V6 has decent power, but is a bit front heavy. The 6i has better balance, but is underpowered. The Speed6 is pretty awesome but it's extra weight really hurts the potential performance of the car.

What we need is the Mazda6i with the CX7's turbo'd motor and a LSD tranny. Make it available in MTX and ATX and this car would rule the front drive grocery getter category. :yesnod: All the parts are designed and built already....

C'mon Mazda, PLEASE BUILD THIS CAR!! :drive: (I need to replace my 03 next year.... ;) )

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Maybe the next generation mazda6 will have just that...

holding breath now....

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i thought we had the same engine as the cx-7? what's different about them? well at least the ms6 does i thought.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
...and bring back the '05 styling.
[/b]
eewww no on that one good buddy. the 06' IMO is such a step up in styling then again i have the hatch so IMO it's a step up in style over any other mazda 6 :D.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
eewww no on that one good buddy. the 06' IMO is such a step up in styling then again i have the hatch so IMO it's a step up in style over any other mazda 6 :D.
[/b]
Haha, HEATHEN! :nana:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
seriously the cx-7 uses the mri or mrz 2.3L DISI TT engine. same as the MS6, same as the MS3. IMO it's the reason that the cx-7 and speed3 exist is due to the fact that mazda can't sell all the ms6's they built.

·
Registered
704 Posts
seriously the cx-7 uses the mri or mrz 2.3L DISI TT engine. same as the MS6, same as the MS3. IMO it's the reason that the cx-7 and speed3 exist is due to the fact that mazda can't sell all the ms6's they built.
[/b]
Same engines, different tuning, each one has different hp and torque ratings.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
[/b]

Speed3 and Speed6 have the same Torque. Diffrent HP due to Exhaust routing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i always figured that in a few years i'd find a turbo 2.3 and swap out my 2.3 NA
Any potential complications? think the trans would mount right up?

But i totally agree. They should just offer the 2.3 turbo as an engine option without the awd and extras. that would be near v6 price range i'd guess

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
you have a 5sp manual vs the 6 sp that comes with those engines so you might have issues. either way, there are better engines out there for the price i can only imagine that mazda would charge for the 2.3L engine.

[/b]
who said they were same tuning? this is about the engine and the fact that all mazda did was use different ECU's on the cx-7 vs ms3/6 and as said exhaust route's for the ms3 vs ms6 to get the different hp ratings.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
i always figured that in a few years i'd find a turbo 2.3 and swap out my 2.3 NA
Any potential complications? think the trans would mount right up?

But i totally agree. They should just offer the 2.3 turbo as an engine option without the awd and extras. that would be near v6 price range i'd guess
[/b]
That's stupid...why don't you just get the V6. It's not too much behind the detuned Cx-7.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
OK, the V6 has decent power, but is a bit front heavy. The 6i has better balance, but is underpowered. The Speed6 is pretty awesome but it's extra weight really hurts the potential performance of the car.

What we need is the Mazda6i with the CX7's turbo'd motor and a LSD tranny. Make it available in MTX and ATX and this car would rule the front drive grocery getter category. :yesnod: All the parts are designed and built already....

C'mon Mazda, PLEASE BUILD THIS CAR!! :drive: (I need to replace my 03 next year.... ;) )
[/b]
...and make it a bit smaller and a hatch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts