Mazda 6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nothing that I know of like that being manufactured specifically for the sport bumper. It could be custom why do you send him a message on his car domain and ask?
The pictures of his car that I found are from a post from 2007, and I believe his Car domain says that he sold the car years ago. Plus, it doesn't appear to be active.

We are basically looking for an aftermarket part that fit a 2004 Mazda6 with the sport bumper (given the same front end body style ranged from 2003-2008 - dependent on the type of sport front end.) I know for fact that his bumper is the 'North American Sport Bumper' because it is the same as mine. My year is a 2005.

To answer your question, there is probably no one to contact because the person doesn't have the car anymore :-/

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
The pictures of his car that I found are from a post from 2007, and I believe his Car domain says that he sold the car years ago. Plus, it doesn't appear to be active.

We are basically looking for an aftermarket part that fit a 2004 Mazda6 with the sport bumper (given the same front end body style ranged from 2003-2008 - dependent on the type of sport front end.) I know for fact that his bumper is the 'North American Sport Bumper' because it is the same as mine. My year is a 2005.

To answer your question, there is probably no one to contact because the person doesn't have the car anymore :-/
Yes but if you are that interested in what he has then its worth a shot taking the couple minutes to shot him a PM.

Yes I know its a sport bumper which was in production 03-05. The 06-08 (minus the speed 6) all have the same front and rear bumpers. If you find out any additional information post it up and I can add it to the OP.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
There is a front lip that we haven't covered here.
I believe it is a JDM lip, but I have been unable to locate it and have searched for it many hours.

His car is a Hatch with the 'North American Sport Bumper.' I have the same car.
From the picture, it appears that the lip is 'carbon fiber' and seems to be molded exactly to the North American Sport Bumper. This looks like one of the best lips out there for this bumper.

Can anyone help locate what type of lip it is, and any other details that may exist?

Here are some pics.

Edit:

I found his 'CARDOMAIN' profile. There are additional pics of the 'lip,' however - it now appears that they are only 'diffusers'? Is this correct?

Nonetheless, could anyone help in locating these as pictured?
They might look pretty good on my car.

Here is his car-domain profile.
Those ar the DG carbon downforcers for the sport bumper. I don't think they're made anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Those ar the DG carbon downforcers for the sport bumper. I don't think they're made anymore.
I just googled it and saw a pic on protege garage. I think you are correct I will add them to the OP.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I see they are still available for the MazdaSpeed6, are they no longer available for the regular 6 sport bumpers?
I see your bumper started off as a sport bumper as well - even though you have a sedan instead of a hatch.

Any idea where I can find them for the regular 6?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I see they are still available for the MazdaSpeed6, are they no longer available for the regular 6 sport bumpers?
I see your bumper started off as a sport bumper as well - even though you have a sedan instead of a hatch.

Any idea where I can find them for the regular 6?
What does having a hatch body style have anything to do with having a sport bumper? All 03-05 body styles were available with the sport bumper package.

And IIRC those are no longer produced for the sport's (and haven't been for the last 4-5 years at least). Best bet would be to try to find a used set or to contact DG directly. IMO they don't do much for the car (nobody besides the owner would know they're even there) so I never looked into them too much.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What does having a hatch body style have anything to do with having a sport bumper? All 03-05 body styles were available with all bumper packages and engine/tranny configurations (with respect to country, and the rare atx 6speed, which i think was only 03-04).

IIRC those are no longer produced for the sport's (and haven't been for the last 4-5 years at least). Best bet would be to try to find a used set or to contact DG directly. IMO they don't do much for the car (nobody besides the owner would know they're even there) so I never looked into them too much.
I am planning on either getting these, or the V-Limited STI lip for the sport bumper.
Is your aftermarket lip molded/bondo'ed into your bumper, and then painted over to match?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I am planning on either getting these, or the V-Limited STI lip for the sport bumper.
Is your aftermarket lip molded/bondo'ed into your bumper, and then painted over to match?
Yes. If you read earlier in the thread it explains how the lip is attached. It's not bondoed (bondo is a filler, not a legit way to attach anything), but basically riveted on over the sports bumper and then any imperfections were fiberglassed over.

Also, please no.. The STI lip is hideous on everything. :huh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/ZoPgID7.jpg
Anybody knows if this lip will fit an ms6? Even with a bit of finagling? I'm pretty sure the width of the bumpers should be the same. I like the lip and wanna see if it works. What do you guys think, I would more than likely color match it as well, looks better that way.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
http://i.imgur.com/ZoPgID7.jpg
Anybody knows if this lip will fit an ms6? Even with a bit of finagling? I'm pretty sure the width of the bumpers should be the same. I like the lip and wanna see if it works. What do you guys think, I would more than likely color match it as well, looks better that way.
With some finagling you can make anything work... but that lip will take way more than a little to fit an MS6 bumper. The width is probably the only thing that you have going for you, all the rest of the geometries are different with the MS6, sorry to say.

·
Registered
459 Posts
With some finagling you can make anything work... but that lip will take way more than a little to fit an MS6 bumper. The width is probably the only thing that you have going for you, all the rest of the geometries are different with the MS6, sorry to say.
i know the ms6 has the air damn on the bumper. and larger front grill, but it would seem that lip would have to mainly be fitted from the bottom and the back of the bumper by the wheel well. i think the middle section would be the main problem area. i might just give it a shot and see how it works out. reason i want this lip cause i cracked my bumper on the passenger side and after i but a little bondo and try and patch it up i wanted to use this lip to cover the imperfection being that it seems to cover the bottom portion of the bumper where my crack is.

·
Registered
239 Posts
^you are correct good sir, I had the DG Motorsport CF DownForcers:

Then I added the STI Lip:

And then thugs in Worcester decided to take them from me one night so now I have neither

but it's OK because I'll have something new next summer :)
So, if I am reading this correctly, - someone stole both your lip and your splitters?

How were the splitters held on? Looks like they had some kind of adhesive as your bumper suggests.

The V-Limited lip doesn't look too bad:
Do you know if the splitters are still available anywhere?

What lip are you planning on putting on?

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
So, if I am reading this correctly, - someone stole both your lip and your splitters?

How were the splitters held on? Looks like they had some kind of adhesive as your bumper suggests.

The V-Limited lip doesn't look too bad:
Do you know if the splitters are still available anywhere?

What lip are you planning on putting on?
they broke the lip off and smashed off one of the downforcers, they couldn't get the other one off though so I still have that one. They are held on by adhesive and 6 rivets so they take a lot of force to get off, let's just say there was blood on my bumper in the morning... lol

I was lucky to find the splitters in a junkyard, they are very discontinued now though. I have a new bumper waiting to be retrofitted and painted in my basement, there are a couple pre-fitment pics in my build thread if you dig through it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So what bumper is the eBay lip actually made for? Cause on eBay its says 2003 to 2005. But on the op in this thread it has it under the 06-08. But regardless I'm gonna try it. It can't be be ny less difficult then putting on the sti lips.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #159

Does someone know what side skirts those are? Are they on Ebay?
Kinda of hard to tell. Maybe the auto exe mounted under the oem side skirts?

141 - 160 of 184 Posts