Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Carpoint.com website, it says that the ULEV fee of $100 is applicable in CA, ME, MA, NY, & VT. I live in Rhode Island, and I see this fee on cars at my local dealer.

Is the dealer trying to unfairly make an extra $100 do you think?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Reading Topic: ULEV Fee on the Mazda6

ULEV is required for vehicles of those states. ULEV is basically like a clean air act to help curb smog levels. But only cars of those states will require it on the vehicle so therefore you must pay for it. I am, however, not sure about how the price of $100 relates in comparison to other car models or dealers.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'ULEV Fee on the Mazda6'

Originally posted by MX6Victim

On the Carpoint.com website, it says that the ULEV fee of $100 is applicable in CA, ME, MA, NY, & VT.  I live in Rhode Island, and I see this fee on cars at my local dealer.

Is the dealer trying to unfairly make an extra $100 do you think?[/b]
I believe on Edmunds and Carsdirect t is listed as the California and northeast states charge, which would apply to you.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: ULEV Fee on the Mazda6

Stretch has the ULEV package on his car. He got it in MD, where he lives, but the car was traded for from Philly. I think NJ also requires ULEV. Fact is that your car may have gone to MA initially and then traded to the RI dealer. It's also entirely possible that the RI dealer orders ULEV on their cars so that they can cater to customers from MA, especially since RI is so small.

I believe the difference is that ULEV uses a slightly more costly cat that has a better efficiency for the same amount of restriction (thus not to impede power ratings). That's what you're paying for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts